Why become a member? ×

Hi from Norn Iron!!

squire5

If you're wondering,Norn Iron is how people from Northern Ireland pronounce their region.Anyhoo,I'm an elderly gent,been playing bass since 15,now 55 but gigging away.I'm using a Squier p5,a '76 Precision and a Frankenparts Jazz.All through a Trace Elliot 4x10,1x15 and GP11 head,which is nearly as old as I am!Into blues,some AOR,and love the Sixties!Nice to make your aquaintance. BTW it's nice to see a bass forum that doesn't alienate you just because your not from the States.

Thanks for the welcome chaps.Thanks to music I'm still young at heart,altho when I see the capabilities of some of the youngsters around,I have to admit with a heavy heart that these old bones and muscles ain't what they used to be!LOL (see,I can even speaka da lingo).Slainte!

Good to see a few more NI members on the forum! Where abouts are you based? In any notable bands that I might be able to catch on the local scene? :)

You are of course very welcome, enjoy your stay!

Hi Danny.I'm in Downpatrick,but unfortunately there are precious few bands about here now.There are a few folk bands.You will have heard of Ash,Relish,The Answer etc.who all hail from these parts,but the pubs are mainly running the Kar****ke Krews ie singers with backing tracks.There is however a 4 piece band going by the name Purple Haze,who are very good(ahem).I hear the bass player is extra good!!!