Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Fender Precision US 78/81 Bitsa Pending payment provisionally sold

ash

Here is a nice old Fender Precision bitsa , It has a lovely straight neck with good frets and a working trussrod. The neck is stamped and has the appropriate ID marks at the heel. Tuners are Fender stamped and work smoothly. The bass is well set up with a low action. It has all original hardware with the exception of one control knob and a reissue tortoiseshell scratchplate. One of the pots has been changed at some point. The pickup sounds great and is mounted to a brass earth plate, the pickup covers are scuffed but this doesn't affect their sound.
The bass has a '78 serial number on the headstock and a later '81 US Fender body, it balances well and is easy on the shoulder. The original owner told me the original body had been swapped because like many CBS Fenders it was extremely heavy. It has had a custom paint job - In true rock and roll style it has the name of a recreational substance favoured by many a musician written in the style of a famous US soft drink company! This was done professionally many years before I bought it and the reason why I added a new scratchplate to hide it!
I would prefer pickup but will post at buyers expense. Sorry I will not post this outside the UK
I'm looking for £480
Pics to follow this evening.

Edited by ash