Why become a member? ×

Good Morning

sbrag

Hi Thought I'd intorduce myself as I should be working and am procrastonating.

I'm Steve in Bristol, I stated playing again after a long layoff at the end of last year.

Current set up:
Yamaha BB1100s Bass which Ive had for over 20 years, these have to be the best value 2nd hand basses around
Peavey Musician Head from 1970s
Peavey TX 410
Marshall Drivemaster
Zoom B2

Currently putting a set together with a new band and continually tinkering with bargin 2nd hand amps and cabs to find the right sound. I think I'm close but the 4x10 is likly to go for 2 2x10s.

That's me,

Cheers
Steve

Hi Steve, hope you won't hold it against me that I live in Swindon (though not a native)! My avatar pic was taken at an event in the Passenger Shed at Temple Meads.

The missus and I go shopping in Brizzle 2 or 3 times a year - I leave her in the shopping centre, then go off round all the musical instrument shops. She also likes Clifton, so that gives me an excuse to visit Treblerock...

Edited by JapanAxe

[quote name='sbrag' timestamp='1348843172' post='1819041']
Treblerock is a good shop bit not always that much bass gear but i did buy my bb1100 from Steve treble when the shop was on Jacobs wells road about 20 year ago.
[/quote]
They had an Eden head in there when I last visited, but that was quite a while ago.

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1348841682' post='1819004']
Hi Steve,

Welcome to BC!
You made a wise choice with the procrastination, coz that way you came to the right place. Nice people here (not me).
There's already several Bristolonianites here on BC. You may know some of them.

Anyway, enjoy the site!

best,
bert
[/quote]Cheers Bert

[quote name='sbrag' timestamp='1348846818' post='1819097']
I popped in last week. Didn't see the Eden but had a fender rig few ashdown combos and a nice trace. An old 70s guild was the nicest bass. Do you ever go to electric ladyland. Its always an entertaining visit.
[/quote]
I did venture out there once. I walked from the city centre, so I had to make sure that my purposeful stride was clearly visible as I passed all the 'massage parlours'. I'm told it can be quite challenging to buy anything off the bloke!

[quote name='JapanAxe' timestamp='1349121180' post='1822170']
I did venture out there once. I walked from the city centre, so I had to make sure that my purposeful stride was clearly visible as I passed all the 'massage parlours'. I'm told it can be quite challenging to buy anything off the bloke!
[/quote]Its always an entertaining visit, as long as you don't mind the lovely surroundings of Old Market. the last time I went in Steve was happily swigging from a bottle of Smirnoff Blue and chain smoking and a quick pop in lasted 45 minutes. The best bit was that I could see the backs of 3 interesting basses which turned out to be a pre Ernie Ball Stingray and 2 70s Guilds . When I asked about them he said they weren't on display as he'd rather sell a £100 Tanglewood than have people w*** over a £1000 Guild. You've got to love it, its a brilliant shop. Treblerock will try and sell you stuff (usually a Mark Bass rig) but for the experience Ladyland must be the best shop in the country.