Why become a member? ×

Anyone else a fan of Brad Campbell?

scalpy

You know how some music quietly slips off your radar even though it cuts you to the quick?

My dad introduced me to Janis Joplin's music in the late 90s and Kosmic Blues just blew my mind. Aside from having one of the finest guitar solos ever committed to tape, courtesy of Mike Bloomfield, the way Janis caresses one verse and tears apart the chorus and the band have innate sense of light and shade just drew me in every time, with another layer to appreciate on each rewind of the cassette.

Other fads have and come and gone and since being a member here I've tried to catch up on a lot great musicians I've missed, then it struck me, no-one's mentioned Brad Campbell! This guy is fantastic! He's straight of the 60s mould, P-bass, syncopated soul a la Dunn and Hood and (holding) company, but he's unbelievably good at it.

There's precious little about him anywhere on the net, but somebody here must be a fan as well. Naturally a clip is in order.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gsqBEPSrd0

Make that 2 Dood !
Love this track, it's on my "best of female" playlist on Spotify.
You have taste Sir !!
B)
Edit, thanks fo posting the vid, even better to see it performed live.
What a great clip.

Edited by kennyrodg