Why become a member? ×

FS: Andreas Shark Bass 5-String

oneinchman

Hi,

I'm selling a used Andreas Guitars Shark Bass 5-String.
The bass was handcrafted 2004 in Austria by Andreas Pichler. There are not a lot of them around.
In sum there were some 400 pieces produced. The small company was later taken over by Thomastik Infeld.

Specs:
Bofy: Ash
Color: Black Soft-Finish
Neck: Maple
Fretboard: Maple
Frets: 24
Pickups: Bartolini (Neck: Single Coil / Bridge: Humbucker)
Elektronik: Bartolini 3-Way-Active (Volume, 3-way switch Neck / Parallel / Bridge)
Bridge: Badass V-Bridge 19mm Spacing
Tuners: Schaller Light-Tuning
Schaller Security Locks and Planet Waves Nylon
Gigbag

I have used the bass for a lot of different styles (Rock/Funk/Jazz). It is very light and long covergigs were not really a problem. The slap sound is very modern. In the past years I used it for a different tuning (E-A-G-D-Cand solo-things.
The neck is awesome and it alows a very fast playing.

You can find a video with this bass in action under:
Youtube -> Boogie Oogie Oogie - A Taste of Honey 2004

The bass was my main one during the years 2004 - 2008. It was used and has some scratches.
It also has a defect in the paint work and a slight abrasion on the neck screw. (See last picture)
Overall is the bass in a very good condition.

I bought it used for around 2700€ (around 2150 GBP)

Since I'm from Austria I will offer also to send the bass. I will check the shipping cost if someone is interested in the bass.
For secure payment I accept PayPal as well.

I'm asking for 800€ (without shipping cost) (about 560 GBP)

In case you need further questions do not hesitate to contact me.

Br
Wolfgang

The bass is sold and will be shipped to germany.
eubassix notified me that there is also one on the UK ebay. That's definitely not me. (Kind of strange since the photos are made on the same looking carpet.)
I'm selling also an Aguilar DB 659, a Mono Case Dual Bass Gigbag and a Dave Smith Instruments Mopho (incl. Bag). PM me if someone is interested.

[quote name='oneinchman' timestamp='1347368046' post='1799832']
The bass is sold and will be shipped to germany. eubassix notified me that there is also one on the UK ebay. That's definitely not me. (Kind of strange since the photos are made on the same looking carpet.) [/quote]

available on ebay.uk, but based in NL. It is odd to see two such unusual/identical (incl. background) basses at the same time (can't recall another Andreas Shark other than mine plus a couple of the 'Basking' models that have been up on Talkbass for ages) .. but pleased to hear you managed a quick sale. :-

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Andreas-Infeld-Shark-Bass-Handmade-5-string-Rare-Austria-Luthier-/261096405007?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D14%26meid%3D1969377362601175741%26pid%3D100015%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D1%26"]http://www.ebay.co.u...006%26rk%3D1%26[/url]

... just noticed that the NL seller describes as ' Body material: [b]red[/b] body with rubberized opaque finish' - so looks dodgy, as the bass is black and the rest of the description is just copied/pasted.

Edited by eubassix