Why become a member? ×

Bassix Transition eub £ SOLD

eubassix

Bassix Transition Semi Acoustic Electric Upright Bass from English luthier (see www.Bassix.net for his current range)
Original rrp = £1495
34" Scale with Double bass style radiused fingerboard. easy for electric bass players to pick up and play and possible to Bow.
Made from "composite materials including carbon fibre" with a tubular steel backbone
Schaller magnetic double bass pickup with volume control. The electrics work fine (single coil magnetic pickup) and, being 'simple', allow the true tone of the bass to come through.
Strung with a new set of Fender Black Nylon Flatwound strings - produce a more authentic DB sound + easier on the fingers (!).

Well used, as can be seen on the photos - the paint on the back was very scratched from not being kept in a case - this has been re-coloured. The only damage (other than scratches) is a small dent on the front left lower bout - a chunk of the outer skin that had broken off. The inner skin appears undamaged and it doesn't affect the tone. The chip is (was) approx. 10mm in diameter and has been repaired with a high-quality enamel paint/filler (black)
Cash on pickup preferred BUT can be posted: for this I would suggest removal of the bridge and shipping cost would need to be checked (est. £30)

SOLD - pending payment/collection Edited by eubassix

A LONG way for W.Sussex unfortunately!.... up in the north-east (Teesside/middlesbrough).
I am willing to package (first removing bridge and supporting lower f/board .. but it'll be more expensive: est. £35-40.
Seems to be a fair bit of interest in this both here on BC and ebay - location and the nature/size of the instrument seems to be a problem. thus far.

There's no dedicated case or bag (.. not sure if Bassix Co. can provide) but I do have an OK cover that extends from the top/headstock down to the top of the tailpiece. means that you cabn still carry in the traditional DB style, holding the point of the upper bout/wing.

Re. dimensions etc. The instrument is 66" overall with an adjustable pin providing an additional 16.5". The lower body max width is 22" and the upper body 16". Max depth (cenetre & body/neck area) is 8" and this narrows to 3.5" on the wings. Weighs 24 lbs.

This didn't sell on ebay despite a large no. of Watchers, so am reducing to £349 !! (this one is plus P&P as I'm not sure exactly how much it'll be - but will be charged, obviously, at cost on the best rate I/we can find)

• 1 month later...