Why become a member? ×

ehx small clone-how can i mix with my actual bass tone?

Mod_Machine

Hi, there are lots of rave reviews of this pedal beimg used with bass but i juat cant seem to get on with it. May be ok if you want a slightly more extreme hooky sound but i dont and iys now frustrating the hell out of me...so before i sell it on can anyone advise if im doing something wrong?
I really just want a wee bit of chorus almost sitting behind my bass tone. With the small clone in my chain im already setting it do less than 9 aclock with the depth switch in the lower setting. any more than this becomes extreme. However even at this low setting it seems to flange quite a bit and i end up with a really uneven tone with some notes more prominant than others and no amount of compression seems to help...some amps also accentuate the problem.
Im running fender mustang into marshall compressor, ehx big muff, ehx small clone, marshall delay and then a hartke bass attack/di pedal.
My tone is perfect til i put the small clone on, then loose my new wave tone as it seems to want to be all 'on' rather thangently ' shading' my tone in the background but leaving the existing bass sound as my prominant tone.

Hi...not sure how that would help me?
i dont quite understand the whole effects loop thing...i just run one pedal to the next. Are you sying an effects loop within my chain encompassing the chorus will allow me to reduce the chorus sound behind the standard bass tone? If it is an effects loop within my chain that will help surely i can do that with the hartke bass attack i already have?

the Boss LS-2 would give you the ability to blend your normal signal with a seperate but parallel chain which goes through the chorus. There are other pedals around which allow this. Some amps have a blend control for their effects loop. I don't think the Bass Attack has an effects loop?

[quote name='phil.i.stein' timestamp='1346997492' post='1795720']
Boss LS-2 is the cheapest option.
[/quote]

Chorus works via adding a effected delay'd signal to your clean signal.

A clean blend might not be the solution, but there are a number of mods you can do to control how extreme the chorus gets!

sorry, i'm a bit late back on this one,.. but yes, the ls-2 will allow you to blend however much of any effect you want with your clean signal.

it can be used as a two-channel mixer.

e.g. bass>ls-2

loop A (clean signal)
loop B (small clone)

>output to amp,

mix the relative volumes of channels A&B to your taste.

there are of course, other pedals available to do this (wounded paw blender and others), but the boss is [i]probably [/i]the cheapest and most readily available option from the used market.

i have a spare kicking around that i would be most happy to lend you to try out if you fancy covering the postage.

they retail new around £70, and used around £40-£50 depending on condition.

mine is a back-up, as i moved to the wounded paw super-blender, as i needed three loops blended rather than two.

PM me if you want to try one out. (although i need it back eventually) :)

if i understood your first post correctly, it should fit the bill.