Why become a member? ×

FS: Groove Regulator, Digitech Whammy 4, Copilot, ZVex clone

rapscallion

Have for sale the majority of my pedals, as I have no need for them anymore and could do with the money to be honest.

As follows

Ashdown James Lomenzo Hyperdrive - [b][color=#ff0000]SOLD[/color][/b]

3Leaf Audio Groove Regulator Mk1 - £105

CoPilot Molecule - [url="http://www.copilotfx.com/molecule.html"]http://www.copilotfx.com/molecule.html[/url] - £45

Digitech Whammy 4 with PSU -[color=#ff0000][b] SOLD[/b][/color]

Markbass Distorsore with PSU - [color=#ff0000][b]SOLD[/b][/color]

[b]Trades wise would be keen for a TC Polytune Mini, Mooer pedals, Boss 0c-2/3, reverb pedals, [/b]or an EBS valve drive, if I put some money in

Edited by rapscallion

[quote name='rapscallion' timestamp='1347373914' post='1799922']
got any soundclips? was looking at it the other day
[/quote]

I'm afraid not,
i would make some for you , but i'm still waiting for my new Barefaced cab to arrive so i don't have a cab at home right now...
The pedal sounds awesome though!! B)

[quote name='rapscallion' timestamp='1347396676' post='1800354']
There's literally nothing on pootube, but I am interested, despite trying to downsize. is it 9v?
[/quote]

Yep, it works on a regular 9 volt adaptor or battery
(you can't use other pedals with the same adaptor though as the Dreambuzz like any other modern fuzz face based fuzz reverses polarity on the inside of the pedal), i think you can best describe the sound as a high end fuzz face modded for bass, so lot's of low end and a very vintage sounding fuzz tone.

How does the GR1 handle the lows?
I've also heard that the very early ones were too mellow and a lot of them were modded with an extra poti-knob to give more control over the filter,
(that , the buffered fx loop and the dry-blend were the reason that i waited this long for a GR2 to pop up, but they're a lot harder to find than the first and later models...)

How does this one sound?
can it do the "almost clean" thing but get nasty funky as well?
Have you ever tried it with a fuzz pedal in the chain?

I love the sound of the Groove regulator/ meatball, but always wanted to go for the GR2 just because of the buffered FX loop and the blend function.

I'm planning to use this mainly for funky slapsounds, but it would also have to perform well with my fuzzes in my stoner rock band (so there still has to be some clean fundamental in there when using it with my blended fuzz pedals), do you think this early version can do that just as well as the newer GR?

I really love the sound of these as it was the first filter i ever got intrested in, so i really hope this one is up to the job.. :)

kind regards,
Don.