Why become a member? ×

SOLD Overwater by Tanglewood Contemporary Jazz 4

ead

This is one of the first batch of these highly regarded basses that I have owned from new. Being in the first batch it was QA'ed and set up by Chris and the Overwater team in the UK. I've had it for about 18 months now and really enjoy playing it.

Only reason for sale is the forthcoming purchase of an ACG bass and as such it must sadly go as part of the fund raising process.

As you can see the finish is a lovely trans black with maple neck and pearloid inlays. The bass is active with a John East 2-band EQ (plus a 'pull for bright' function on the volume knob). The bass is in excellent condition with no marks/dings that I can see and has been lovingly looked after whilst in my possession.

Full spec on the Overwater site.

I'm looking for £400 ovno for the bass. This includes a good quality padded gig bag and a spare set of Overwater Nickel strings light gauge (same as it was supplied with). For £25 more a Gator hard case can be had.

Edited by ead

These are great basses, I've got the blue version which might have to go soon for the same reason but I'll be sorry to see it leave. Excellent start point for a decent modern jazz bass. I really think you'll struggle to get something that has a decent neck, board, the blocks (which are really attractive if that's you thing), the flame and a pretty damn decent pre for this amount of £$JPYEUR.

Bump you up 'bor