Why become a member? ×

I'm nervous about tonight...

Evil Undead

Right, I'm a bit more awake now so I'll give a bit more of an update.

We got there and started setting up all the gear, and the power went out - thought it must be the weather at first but turned out to be a trip switch, so we had to go through everything one by one and find out what was throwing the switch. Turned out to be a set of disco lights so thankfully that was resolved.

First set was really weird. We played well but no one was dancing and only one person clapped, and that was a strangely dressed rough looking dude right in front of the stage, so we felt a bit awkward thinking that no one was enjoying themselves.

Second set started in the same way, but about half way through an extremely drunk woman started dancing (of a fashion), and then for our last few songs a few more drunk women joined her, and they were singing along too so that was nice. And at the end, the crowd were shouting for more :)

Strange gig, but very enjoyable, and a good first experience of playing an outdoor gig.