Why become a member? ×

Mesa/Boogie 1x15 Diesel cab, EV, 400W 8ohms *SOLD*

cetera

Sadly, I've decided to move on this great cab as it's really not getting used outside my music room and it deserves to be played LOUD & PROUD!

This cab should need little introduction.... but I will anyway! :)

What we have here is a classic [b]Mesa/Boogie Diesel 1x15 Cab[/b] with bass port & casters. It is [b]400W[/b] at [b]8ohms[/b] and is loaded with the fantastic & highly desirable [b]15" EV speaker[/b].

The tone of this really is quite something.... it has all the thunderous low end you would expect of a 1x15 but being the legendary 'EV' it gives a focussed, tight projection more commonly expected of 10's or 12's!

This would make a perfect compliment to another 8ohm cab (2x10, 1x15 etc) but is also superb in its own right as a stand alone cab. I've also heard it in use with a double bass and the sound was a revelation. :huh:

It's pretty well used and has some scuffs but they are only surface. The edges are reinforced/rubber covered and the cab itself is in perfect working order.

I'll try & get a better picture up shortly.... but here's one for starters.....

Edited by cetera

[quote name='Shaggy' post='189430' date='May 1 2008, 07:56 AM']Having recently bought a Mesa cab off Mr Cetera, I can confirm that he's a top bloke to deal with, and these cabs really are the absolute business. :)[/quote]

Thanks Shaggy! I appreciate it. :huh:

Yep, there's just something about these older EV loaded cabs.... ;)

[quote name='LeftySteve' post='189611' date='May 1 2008, 11:51 AM']I have used my 1x15 EV Diesel exclusively (on its own) for the last 9 months or so. It is by far the most "complete" sound I have ever heard when using a single cab. Not particularly heavy too, unlike its 2x10 brother!

Steve[/quote]

Thank you Steve..... yep, this is a serious bit of equipment isn't it?!

These EV loaded cabs really are in a completely different league to the later celestion/generic speaker loaded Mesa cabs.... :)

Mike Brooks popped around for a jam the other day & he also commented on the range of tones this cab can reproduce...!

Edited by cetera