Why become a member? ×

Digitech Whammy 5

dmz

I understand it's the same engine as the a whammy DT (without the detune etc). If so, it works very well with bass (I had a DT for ages).

There is a cut in the super highs which you wouldn't notice in most cases unless you run the whammy AFTER dirt pedals (which add high end harmonics) and have a tweeter on your cab. Running it after dirt is not recommended by Digitech anyway, but in this rare combination you hear a drop in highs when you turn it on.

In all other situations it's pretty awesome and the tracking was pretty good all over the bass.

I've played it through a guitar once.. unfortunately I wasn't really paying much attention to how it responded. I find it doesn't sound as 'glitchy' as the Whammy 1 on the monophonic mode, but it tracks really well on chords on poly. I didn't notice any delay between what I was playing and what came out of the amp, so in that respect it has something over my XP-100. Overall I'd say it sounded pretty natural.