Why become a member? ×

Jazz Bass on a budget (finally finished with pics) and Jazz Bass Mk 2 on even less of a budget!

DarkHeart

well i cheated a little bit by buying another body already finished off Sharkfinger and built it up today with the neck and tort plate i already had, its very very lightweight and i think it looks blummin lovely! here is Funder Jeff Bass II :D

[IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j186/jeffhop/newjazz.jpg[/IMG]

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='DarkHeart' timestamp='1351879481' post='1856586']
here are the 2 together, the Funder Jeff Bass signature range ;)

[/quote] how come you have all the luck? 3 bodies, 3 good bodies and they come out well. I get one body and it turns out to be a dog of plastic coated basswood! looking good! :) (what's your plans for the blue stripped body btw?)

its for sale cheap if you want it, ive got most of the paint of it and have pups bridge electrics and plate if you want it, the body still needs a lot of sanding though and is an ideal project but ive run out of necks! im planning on a headless thunderbird if i win the hardware! pm me if your interested in a deal for the jazz stuff

[quote name='DarkHeart' timestamp='1353111374' post='1871856']
its for sale cheap if you want it, ive got most of the paint of it and have pups bridge electrics and plate if you want it, the body still needs a lot of sanding though and is an ideal project but ive run out of necks! im planning on a headless thunderbird if i win the hardware! pm me if your interested in a deal for the jazz stuff
[/quote]

headless thunderbird... now there is an idea. the only true way to make it playable i suppose. well done you! how about starting the body from scratch and flipping it so the big horn is on the top (like it should be) and that would but the strap button somewhere around the 12/14th frets.

ive already got a t/bird copy and ive been working on making it playable all weekend, its now got a great action and sounds good as well even after i took out my emg pup and put the original one back in i just need the headless bridge and string retaining plate, unfortunately i had to let one pass on the bay today as i just bought a 15 inch speaker for my new budget rig ;)

Edited by DarkHeart

[quote name='DarkHeart' timestamp='1353268675' post='1873109']
ive already got a t/bird copy and ive been working on making it playable all weekend, its now got a great action and sounds good as well even after i took out my emg pup and put the original one back in i just need the headless bridge and string retaining plate, unfortunately i had to let one pass on the bay today as i just bought a 15 inch speaker for my new budget rig ;)
[/quote]

Dude, you are like the thrift king. Speaking as a man from a place well known for being "tight" whilst having many many rich people, you put quite a few of those rich people to shame :)

EDIT- i mean that only as a compliment. everybody wants something great for not a lot of money :)

Edited by MiltyG565

[quote name='DarkHeart' timestamp='1353524554' post='1875659']
haha no worries, im a value for money type person but i wouldnt call myself tight and i get a lot of satisfaction doing things myself rather than buying them as a whole.
[/quote]

no, i wasn't saying you were tight, i was saying your "value for money" attitude makes the tight blush, because they want something equally as good, for little money, but few are wiling to actually get out and put the work in to creating something.

• 2 weeks later...