Why become a member? ×

Isn't it nice..........

geoffbyrne

I'm in the middle of a relationship breakup at the moment & the big move is likely to be next week, so it was a big lift when something nice happened to me last night.

I was at my regular Open Mike night & went up with a bloke I know who is a pretty decent & competent guitarist, and one of the regular drummers - you know, the usual mix.

Anyway, I had a good (female) friend in the audience who was seeing me play bass for the first time ever, so I probably turned it on a bit.

Now I'm known to a be a 'busy' bassist anyway, so I was doing plenty of filling in and it all seemed to go splendidly, at least I was pleased with my own performance.

Later, one of the respected 'elders' came over & tapped me on the shoulder & told me how much he'd enjoyed my playing that night.

And it gave me a big smile.

And a warm glow.

Isn't it marvellous what a kind word can do for you?

G.

Edited by geoffbyrne

Yeah, excellent, little episodes like that are what lifts you at times like yours.

Remember feeling similar under similar circumstances, wobbling home in the early hours after a particularly good gig, it was already coming light, birds singing and got a "God is in his heaven & all is right with the world" type feeling. (I'm not religious, but you know what I mean).

It can do, depends on circumstances. I find it difficult to accept kind post gig words after what I consider to be a below par performance (although I always accept them graciously then feel like a fraud afterwards).

In any case, sounds like all the planets aligned in this case and it was a good thing for you. Glad it gave you the fillip you were craving.