Why become a member? ×

Markbass Footswitch as a button?

largo

Maybe a strange title, i'll try and expand on it.....

Some of the older, higher-end Markbass amps allow you to mute via footswitch.
I don't really like a foot switch to do this and prefer a simple button on the amp. So I wondered, is there a simple jack button that would act as said footswitch, so I can go to the amp and simply press a mute button?

Hope that make some sort of sense.

In theory there is nothing to stop you having a small swicth which plugs into the footswitch socket on the amp to do this. The question is where to put the switch as it is external to the amp.

If the amp is rack mounted and there is sufficient space on the front face of the rack ears then it could be mounted there.

If not then perhaps an external bracket using the rack-ear mounting screw holes would do.

Perhaps a switch in a small box velcroed to the top of the amp.

Some more information about what you have, how you use it and how you would like to use it would be helpful.

The only one I could find was in Austria but no details:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CGkQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.connectionline.at%2Fshow.aspx%3Fsp%3D2%26url%3Dc_klinkenstecker&ei=DUMxUPv5J_L04QT-qoCoDQ&usg=AFQjCNGcYd4lvQ04tjOJVDMajpvb42zIeA&sig2=Hj2Ia6wD0787XOD9m9KFsw

Your best option might be to have the jack socket removed and a switch installed in the existing hole. Easily reversible if you want to sell the amp.

Edited by dincz