Why become a member? ×

Recently Joined

bassrob

Hi

Well after 20 years of playing guitar i have finally seen the light and have just purchased my first bass a Fender USA Jazz 5 string. It has certainly renewed my interest in music as after playing mainly rock and blues im now opening my ears to a lot more styles jazz ska etc.

Looking forward to many years playing, im like a kid with a new toy and so glad I found this forum

Hope to be posting soon as my playing improves

Welcome, Rob! Double well done for moving to bass guitar [b]and[/b] to five strings :D
Feel free to post questions and/or talk to the many BC members who play guitar as their first or second instrument. And there's a wealth of info for newbies and seasoned bassists alike on this site. Enjoy!

Edited by bluejay

Hi Rob,

Welcome to BC! You'll do alright posting right away. People will stand in line to provide you with info. There's also a good search function for stuff you presume must have been answered zillions of times already. Don't be shy though.

As a keyboardist of more than 45 years, I know what you mean about seeing the light when descending to the dark side of bass. :)

Enjoy the site and its banter.

best,
bert

Edited by BassTractor