Why become a member? ×

Check out my new setup!

Cantdosleepy

So I bought the Flitesound 1x15 from Wildman (who is a complete gentleman, by the way) on Saturday.

Before then I was just practicing, using the Little Mark II into the cabinet part of my brother's Marshall 1x12 guitar combo. As you can imagine, that was not at all satisfactory.

Saturday was spent irritating the neighbours with the wonderfully bassy sounds I now have at my fingertips. She sounds great! Especially with the VLE (vinatge-y) know on the LMKII bout halfway up, and the neck pickups down by about a third) Harmonics chime though it! Double-stops are amazingly clear! I'm a very happy bunny.

Next I tried to plug my Bass POD in and see what cool noises I could pluck from it. Sadly it didn't sound too great. I didn't have time to tweak and tweak and tweak, an important part of BODding, and I lot some of the wonderful detail and warmth form the bass.

My eyes fell back on the guitar speaker. With some tweaking and messing about and tangling of leads (and thanks to the awesome 'Tuner Out' jack on the back of the LMKII) here's what I managed to come up with:

It's not sounding quite right yet, but after I've set up the noises properly (and eq'd the guitar amp's ingoing signal quite aggressively) It'll be monstrous. At the moment I'm just making ambient fuzziness with the 12" and letting the Flite play gorgeous uncoloured bass joy!

Hurrah!

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum. It isn't a real shot of my rig, has a bit about my bass, a bit about my cab, a bit about my effects. Feel free to move it!

It's sounding good so far, but I've only just started playing with it. It's so nice to be able to use the crazy aggressive effects without affecting my bass tone at all. I've been using the patch with the distortion whose rate you can control by using the expression pedal, and it sounds fabulous.

I only wish I could somehow use the super-down-octave feature (like on the cryceratos patch, 9B?) on the bass cab, and a distortion on a high one. That would be mighty!

Hi
If you are finding the signal in one particular amp quite noisey you might want to try a palmer line isolator PGA 03, you can get them from thomann and it is particularly designed to keep your signal free from any noise you may get when running multiple amps.
I have a pair of ampeg heads and when I started doing the effect channel in one amp and dry in the other routine I found that each amp on their own was nice and quiet but together one always hummed more than the other, the palmer cured it the minute I put it in the signal path of one of the amps (last thing before the input).
Hope this helps!