Why become a member? ×

Boss BCB-60 internal / interior dimensions?

Dood

Does anyone have a Boss BCB-60 effects pedal case?

I've a few boss pedals that I would like to mount in one (that's the easy bit) but I'd like to know what the H / W / L dimensions are in the pedal mounting area. I'd like to mount non-boss pedals on the board too and wondering if it's 'doable' before I go ahead and look for a second hand board.

Ideally, there's enough room for a Zoom B3 in there!

I do!

I'm not at home but I'll measure when I get back.

I modded the hell out of mine with one of those hobby tools.

I fitted a big power supply in the top right of the board and wired it to a kettle lead plug.

I removed the cable tidy bar to in the end to make way for more pedals.

In the end I had 5 boss stomps, g50 wireless and an expression pedal.

I kept the foam padding in the bottom to route the cables under.

Why did I get rid?

Those clips at the front are rubbish and I ended up shortening a bungee cord hook thingy and looping it through the padlock holes.
However, that didn't even work in the end and it opened up and spilled my pedals.

My Boss pedals shrugged it off, would your B3 with its LCD screens?

With the cable tidy bar in situ, the internal measurements are 630mm x 220mm.

When the foam insert is removed (to accommodate a double pedal) it measures 180mm long x 170mm wide. This fits a Trace Elliot or Ashdown pedal perfectly. The B3 is about the same length, but a little wider, so would require only minimal foam cutting.

And I will have a BCB60 for sale very soon!

Excellent! Thanks for the posts guys! CM, did you take any pics of your modded BCB? I'd love to see them, it might give me some ideas!

SD, brilliant! Thank you! - So all I could do with knowing is if the lid will fit on if I pop the B3 in, which I measure as 6.5cm in height including a gap for the pedal buttons. I've a Nova System too, but I really don't think that would go in! ha!

I'd probably take the foam out and replace it with a custom mat if need be - should I need to shift things around a bit or include another non-boss pedal.

All being well, I could be interested in your BCB, SD. I'd love some pics and mebbe a guide price PM'd? Cheers!

Doooood

[quote name='EskimoBassist' timestamp='1345040687' post='1772740']
Just out of interest Dood (and not to scupper any sales here on BC), what is it that makes you so interested in the BCB-60?
[/quote]

Partly laziness! ha ha - I like the option of having everything neat in the box with the PSU and 'in/out' sockets in the corner to just plug in to. I will be using two or three boss pedals in there too, so it seemed an obvious choice. I looked at the Behringer offering as well as even the Harley Benton boxes for a budget alternative, but the space 'front to back' seems a bit short in comparison to the BCB.

It's a fast and dirty solution to carrying my pedals - and knowing me I swap things around often!