Why become a member? ×

Sold..Warwick Corvette Fretless -German Standard 4- Bubinga

shantijoe

Hello All
Here is my German 2004 Warwick Corvette Bubinga Fretless Passive 4 String in excellent condition.
This is an 'Oil Finish' model and here are some details though you can check it out on the Warwick website under 'discontined German made Corvette Standard'.
[list]
[*]Chrome hardware/ Just-A-Nut III/ Weight 4,6 kg/ 2x Jazz style MEC dynamaic correction passive 2-way p/ups/
[*]Bubinga body/ Ovangkol neck with Ebony F/Board/ Scale length: 34" (long scale)
[*]I include the Warrenty Card, Truss Rod, and ID tag.(see pics)
[*]Any other questions I'll do my best to answer! I've only used this for recording and get a lovely balanced (slightly compressed) sound from this combination of woods and pick-ups. Its been so simple to record. I'm pricing it low at these tough times for a cash sale...
[*]I live in rural N. Wales but could deliver on my occasional visits to Birmingham (sometimes London too) in which case a Warwick gig bag is included. For Postal/ Courier delivery I'd use a hard case so total delivery would be £30 extra. You can pick it up if you'd like to visit Denbighshire!
[*]Here are some pictures which show it's current condition: Strung with Warwick Black Label roundwounds so slight string rash under E & A at 1st position. Otherwise a modest 9 out of 10 for a 2004 beauty....
[/list]

Edited by shantijoe

Lovely. If I hadn't bought my '89ish fact. FL SR1000 a couple months back I'd be jumping all over this. My pair of wicks would most definately had a sibling arriving as like most Warwick owners I feel a bit feverish with the warwick bug! Alas.

Unless your interested in a trade for another fretless? Very slim neck of course being an SR.

Edited by Ashwood1985

Hi all
I had a PM asking how the neck width compared to a Fender Jazz. Though Warwicks varied through the decade this one is closer to a 'C' profile than many Warwicks but not as slim as a Fender Jazz FYI,
all the best, joe

Hi all
I just got a PM about this which reminds me I need to let you know: I'll be out of the country for a month from Sept. 6th so I'm sorry if I can't reply to you after then. I wonder if I can put this sale on hold..?
best wishes, joe

• 1 month later...

Hello
as with all Warwick fretless basses this has side markers. Not all 'fret positions' but (on the E String): F, G, A, B, C#, E octave. (through 2 octaves).
This gives a lot of help guiding intonation as those of us who've used unmarked necks can testify! <_<
best wishes, joe

I have one of these. When you're playing it I found I didn't notice the lack of fret lines - mainly because you can't actually see the front of the fingerboard anyway. The side fret markers are more than adequate.

And the lack of fret lines means it looks dead sexy from the front.

Here's mine (which looks exactly the same):

Bought the ash version of this off the site a few months ago. Very happy and that's a nice price - surprised it's still here! As for lack of lines - looks nicer and after a bit of practice you don't notice anymore cause as mentioned - you're not looking at the front. Part of the fun of learning fretless is the practice anyway, so whoever gets this will be happy I'm sure! Good luck with the sale.

Hi there, any more info possible on the neck? I really need a chunky old fashioned precision type neck. Is yours anywhere in that region? I tried a Warwick Thumb in the Bass Gallery last year, and was very impressed. Thanks, Sean

"I really need a chunky old fashioned precision type neck"

Hi Sean
I've had a few Precisions over the years and (as you know?) they vary a lot. This is like the 'C' shaped Precision neck as opposed to the 'U' shape but you'd need to try it to be sure,
all the best, joe