Why become a member? ×

SOLD Epiphone Thunderbird for Trade - trade value £100 SOLD

Son of the Wear

[size=4][font=Calibri][color=#000000]Hello![/color][/font]

[font=Calibri][color=#000000]For trade is an Epiphone Thunderbird which I have had for a while now. Nice to play (narrow neck but fairly deep – front to back) and surprisingly light. However, this doesn’t get played very much so I would like to see if anyone is interested in a trade as I fancy a new toy or two to play with. First, the details of the bass:[/color][/font]

[font=Calibri][color=#000000]This is not in immaculate condition but plays fine with a reasonable action and decent sound. I bought it a while ago in a very unloved state as a bit of a project. I tidied and cleaned it up and replaced control knobs: Howard the Bass Doc changed the dodgy pots and made a replacement for the missing back cover for me. It has plenty of minor dinks (most of which have not broken the finish) but there is one more substantial dunch close to the bottom strap pin. I have tried to take photos of all of this – with varying degrees of success........see this Photobucket link:[/color][/font]

[font=Times New Roman][color=#000000][url="http://s1079.photobucket.com/albums/w509/1SonoftheWear/"]http://s1079.photobu.../1SonoftheWear/[/url][/color][/font][/size]

[font=Calibri][color=#000000]It is Korean, has an extra strap pin on the heel and the original three point bridge: this has a slightly mixed group of saddles. The saddles all belong to an Epi Thunderbird but one was missing - so has been replaced. Howard pointed out that the saddles are individually numbered according to the string and he managed to find a replacement saddle in his box of parts. However, he didn’t have the right number so this has saddles numbered 2, 3, 4 and 4![/color][/font]

[font=Calibri][color=#000000]I would value this at £100 but I would prefer a trade. I am very open to anything people have to offer and I am happy to add cash to this as well. Things I would be particularly keen on are:[/color][/font]

[font=Calibri][color=#000000]A 5 string – fancy trying one out[/color][/font]

[font=Calibri][color=#000000]A cheapy guitar (electric or acoustic)[/color][/font]

[font=Calibri][color=#000000]Any various interesting treasures you might have – decent headphones, Tascam trainer, pedals, etc..... or combination thereof[/color][/font]

[font=Calibri][color=#000000]Not really looking for amplification – but if you are interested in the Thunderbird just let me know what you might have to trade and we can discuss. You can check out my feedback as well......[/color][/font]

[font=Calibri][color=#000000]In terms of location I live in Sunderland. I don't have a case for this but would be happy to post this (with the neck off) if it helps. [/color][/font]

[font=Calibri][color=#000000]Cheers,[/color][/font]

[font=Calibri][color=#000000]Neil[/color][/font]

Edited by Son of the Wear

Thanks Nibody - it is a decent bass for not much money. I am hoping to find someone who has something interesting to trade (and I do have some cash to add that is currently burning a hole in my pocket) but we will see what happens. Might try it on Gumtree as well.......