Why become a member? ×

FS: Musicman Stingray Classic 5-string - black 'n' maple - SOLD!

Russ

[b]EDIT: SOLD, subject to the usual. Thanks for looking.[/b] :)

I'm selling my Stingray Classic 5 - it's practically brand new (bought it in May), it's never been played outside the house, and it's in absolutely immaculate condition, but, right now it's surplus to requirements. All the specs are on the Musicman website, but, just to sum up:

Ash body with solid black nitro finish, black scratchplate
Maple neck / fingerboard with nitro finish
Classic 2-band Musicman electronics
Approx. weight 9.5lbs
Musicman hardcase included

The bass is a beast - does the classic Stingray sound to a tee, complete with an extra B string!

Looking for [b]£1350[/b] (retail seems to be around the £2200 mark). I'll entertain sensible offers. Would prefer buyer collects from Croydon area, but can meet or possibly deliver in the South London/Surrey/Sussex areas. I will consider a trade for a good quality (preferably compact) amp rig (head and cab).

Some pics (these are iPhone pics, I'll take some better ones later):

Edited by Russ

[quote name='bongo61' timestamp='1343990686' post='1758243']
Hi Russ,

I am actually planning to buy one. Just out of curiosity: why are you going to sell this after such a short time ?

Sven
[/quote]

We've just moved back to the UK after 5 years in the US (note the US plug sockets on the wall in the pic above!), and we need to buy a load of stuff for our house, basically... it's a shame, but I've still got quite a few nice basses to play. :)

• 4 weeks later...

I need something bigger, alas - needs to be something fairly substantial (ie, 6x10", 4x12" or a 2x10"/1x15" setup), amp and head - maybe an Ampeg, Markbass or Eden setup.

But cash works best. :D