Why become a member? ×

SOLD SOLD SOLD Peavey BX115 BW Bass Cab

vindi

Hi Guys

[size=5]Still for sale Peavey Black Widow 115BX 700 Watts peak @4 ohms uk made circ. 2005 £135 or trade?[color=#ff0000] [/color]£130 £125 £120 £115 £110 [color=#ff0000]Now £105[/color][/size]

[size=5]Great cab in excellent condition!!! This Baby will pump outt 350 watts all day no problem.[/size]

115 BXBW
[b]Bass Enclosure[/b]
SPECIFICATIONS

[size=4][b]Frequency Response, 1 Meter,[/b] [/size]

[size=4][b]On-Axis, Swept-Sine in Anechoic[/b] [/size]
[size=4][b]Environment:[/b] [/size]
[size=4][i]30 [/i]Hz to 3.5 kHz [/size]
[size=4][b]Power Handling:[/b] [/size]
[size=4]700 W program 115 BX (Black Widow@) [/size]
[size=4]400 W program 115 BX (Scorpiona) [/size]
[size=4][b]Transducer Complement:[/b] [/size]
[size=4]One 1502 4 or 8 ohm KevlaP Black [/size]
[size=4]Widow; or [/size]
[size=4]One SP-15425 Kevlap Scorpion [/size]
[size=4][b]Box Tuning Frequency:[/b] [/size]
[size=4][i]40 [/i]Hz [/size]
[size=4][b]Impedance, 2:[/b] [/size]
[size=4]4 ohms (nominal) [/size]
[size=4]3.8 ohms (minimum) [/size]
[size=4][b]Input Connections:[/b] [/size]
[size=4]One l/4” phone jack [/size]
[size=4][b]Enclosure Materials and Finish:[/b] [/size]
[size=4]3/4” plywood, carpet covered with metal [/size]
[size=4]corners and an expanded metal grille [/size]
[size=4][b]Dimensions (H x W x D):[/b] [/size]
[size=4][i]26.875” x 24.5” [/i]x 17.25” [/size]
[size=4][i](68.3 [/i]cm x 62.2 cm x 43.8 cm) [/size]
[size=4][b]Net Weight:[/b] [/size]
[size=4]75 Ibs. (34.1 kg) 115 BX (Black Widow) [/size]
[size=4]70 Ibs. (31.8 kg) 115 BX (Scorpion) [/size]
[size=4][b]DESCRIPTION[/b] The cone is [/size]impregnated [size=4]with KevlaP to [/size]
[size=4]The 115 BX BW bass enclosure lays the increase its stiffness. As a result, it will [/size]
[size=4]foundation for sound in the serious play louder and cleaner than other drivers [/size]
[size=4]player’s rig. that are typically available. [/size]
[size=4]The 115 BX BW is available with a 4 or The 115 BX BW can be used alone or in [/size]
[size=4]8 ohm 15” Black Widow driver capable of conjunctionwiththe210TX’“, 410TX’“, or [/size]
[size=4]handling an input power of up to 700 watts Simifar encjosures. [/size]
[size=4]program power. It is also available with a [/size]
[size=4]15” Scorpion driver capable of handling [/size]
[size=4]an input power of 400 watts. [/size]

Cheers Vindi

Edited by vindi

A [i][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Peavey MK IV 1980 american made head?[/font][/color][/i][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] I remember my Grandad telling me about these [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] :D[/font][/color]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#282828"]Seriously good gear and ultra reliable - have a bump![/color][/font]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][/color]

Hi Jigster

To answer your question I've not tried patching the two channels together so I can't comment on that but on the dual foot switch you can change channel on one button or combine both channels on the other - which I guess does the same thing.
Also if you switch the graphic on it boosts the sound again. There is also a bright button to boost the brilliance on each channel.

The 210 watts is at 4 ohms. I've found that if you run two 4 ohms cabs straight out of the amp you get the full 300 watts @ 2 ohms which hurt my ears & chest :)
There is a jack patch board on the front of the amp - you can use this to split the pre amp & power amp. I have a Peavey article which shows you how to use the bi amping feature & the crossover. Basically you use a second amp to power either lows or highs (this can be a slave amp or a powered monitor) & a second speaker or horn or whatever. Then use the crossover on the peavey to direct the amount of sound to the high or low speaker. I have done this & it sounds awesome.

Recently for the most part on gigs I've used the Peavey straight into the Black Widow 1x15 I tend to have the master volume on full but never had the pre gain passed 3.
Pm'd.
Cheers Vindi

Hi Jazz Bass

I agree completely - I had a MK VI & a MK III & tried TNT & nitro amps - & still think this MK IV is by far the best.
Make me an offer to re-live your youth! :D All serious offers considered as I'm chasing a valve amp more suitable for my current needs.

Cheers Vindi