Why become a member? ×

Bassist available in London (For almost any genre.)

Shockwave

Heya everyone.

My name is Rob, I am 27 years old and I have just got a job in London. I'll be moving from Swindon to London in a few days time and would like to have a band lined up!

I have good equipment, skill and work ethic. I am also willing to do clean/growl backing vocals. I am an upfront bass player who likes to play some lead style bass, however I will cut back and play roots when the song calls for it.

Genres I like: Post Rock, Hardcore Punk, Ska, Funk, Disco, Death Metal, Doom, Doom Metal, Noise Rock, and Pop punk.

Band Influences include, Gojira, Mars Volta, Strike Anywhere, Young Widows, Shellac, Fugazi, NOFX, Rise Against, Quo Vadis, My Dying Bride, Slave, Sister sledge, Russian Circles, Maserati etc (A wide variety!)

Samples of my playing are available.

I can play fretted and fretless bass. Available most weekday nights and weekends.

I refuse to be part of a backing band for a solo performer. I want to be in a band where I can contribute in songwriting. I will only consider bands who already have a drummer(!) in place.

Cheers!

Yo.

If you had read my post you could see quite clearly that I am in the middle of moving to London. Quite a busy and stressful time where replying to a PM about possibly joining a band is not my number one priority.

I have just sat down after unpacking most of my stuff.

I am not interested in your band as you are clearly not patient enough and go crying at a moments notice by creating a rant thread, which I have now deleted.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey Shockwave,
I'm looking for a good bass player.
We play groovy music with a rock feel.
We need serious musicians and happy people :-) .
Online you'll find our rehearsals, I believe they sound good , being just rehearsals.
www.reverbnation.com/opinionist

Let me know what you think about it buddy.
cheers
Andy

• 2 weeks later...

HI ROB ,WE ARE 2 GUITARS AND DRUMMER LOOKING FOR BASS PLAYER OPEN MINDED TO GRAB SOUNDS AND IDEAS ,WE ARE ROCK BLUES SOLID SOUND WITH INFLUNCES FROM ZEPPELIN FREE FLEETWOOD MAC HENDRIX AND MORE ,I HAVE BEEN PLAYIN FOR YEARS AND THATS WHY I MOVED TO LONDON SEEKING WIDER JUNGLE LOL,WWW.MYSPACE.COM/KRAVINBAND OR ON YOUTUBE THATS MY EX BAND MATERIAL ,HOPE YOU YOU WILL BE INTRESTED THANKS.

MO HANY

07446 177 154