Why become a member? ×

Kiwi in Edinburgh

Kiwi Jaz

[quote name='gjones' timestamp='1342824457' post='1741724']
Yes see me tomorrow saturday at the Jazz and blues fest mardi gras. I'll be playing with the Dana Dixon Band from 1 til 4pm. It's free and it's out in the open air (bit risky for Edinburgh).

We're more Blues than Jazz.
[/quote]
Sorry I missed ya! Went to the thing along Princess Gardens today - no basses - seems the people like mass Drums and a few trumpets! Definitely going to check out the jazz clubs and venues that everyone has suggested. Hope you had a good gig yesterday.

Everytime someone from Edinburgh joins there is talk of a mini Edinbass bash.
I have two thoughts.... it would be great... make it happen
two... I'm moving to england on thu :( so I won't be able to come

But can you imagine it, Bassaassin (if we got hold of him) and a load of jap crap, andy67 and krispn have had some great basses I've seen through the years, stacker has one of the best tastes in basses around and mcnach has pretty much every variation on the stingray theme ever made... it would be great!

I've offered my old practice room before but alas no longer have the lease on it. Plenty of space there for some BBQ action and beers and few locals to annoy.

Finnegans Wake on Victoria Street (just out of the Grassmarket) have live music every night and is good for cheap pints Mon-Thur (£1.85 for some beers!!!) and its normally got a bevy of Spanish ladies in ;) Tghe staff are all pretty dead on and the place is normally jumping at the weekends. Oh and my baldy mate works there, granted he is a bit of a prick ;)