Why become a member? ×

Anyone on here got a Musicman Reflex Bass?

far0n

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1343242184' post='1747693']
£1500 ?!! That 's an amazing deal! The 2011/12 U.K retail price on these was £2200 for a single H . May I ask , was that price for a brand new Reflex or an old stock 25TH Anniversary? I suppose either way , that's a fantastic price.
[/quote]

It was a HH, 4 string, maple fingerboard, vsb reflex. Special ordered for me by ProjectMusic. They have them advertised for £1923.33 now, whilst that is an increase over what they were at the time you could probably sort some kind of discount with the economy etc. Speak to Phill, I did. :)

Edit, sorry having checked my emails it was £1599.

Edited by Jack

I owned one of these in HSS pickup setup.
Looking back it was a lovely bass, in fact probably the most stunning looking and potentially versatile instrument I have played, but if you want the traditional loud MM sound just buy the traditional stingray for half the price and don't go through the financial mill.
I learnt a sound lesson. If you want a passive sound, buy a good passive bass, if you want an active sound buy a good active bass, not a £2,899.00 hybrid which does none of the above as good as a bass half the price would.
Incidentally I paid only £1650 for mine, second hand (right place at the right time). Let it go two months later for no profit then bought a piezo pup 5 string which sounds better than the HSS 25th Anniversary verison ever did. Strange but true.
Along with this, I never had trouble with neck dive with them.

• 4 years later...

[b] I have this one for sale[/b]

[b] [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/303281-ernie-ball-musicman-25th-anniversary-4-string-bass/page__fromsearch__1"]Ernie Ball MusicMan 25th Anniversary 4 string bass[/url][/b]

£1500

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1342970941' post='1743270']
I think it was a 5 I tried.

Part of the issue for me was the small body size and the position of the upper strap button up over the 14th/15th fret.
[/quote]

It was the same for me. On the strap the nut ends up being too far away from you. It's similar to the G&L ASAT in that way. It's a showstopper for me.