Why become a member? ×

Mesa Boogie Question- M-Pulse 600 + 1x12 Scout Bass cab - a good match?

basshead56

Hi all,
Am looking for a more portable alternative to my current rig (M-pulse 600 and Mesa PH 8x10) for practice, recording and small gigs.

Given that my Ampeg Micro VR is a hemisphere away, I need something down here that sounds badass. So figured my m-pulse 600 and a smaller Mesa cab would be the mutts'- plus I won't have to fork out heaps more cash.
So I have looked at either the Ph2x10 (matches my 8x10) or the Scout 12.
The Scout seems to be cheaper and far lighter (and I do like 12's - miss my Marshall VBA rig-in the same place as my Micro VR! :( ) than the 2x10.

But I'm wondering if the M-pulse 600 would be too powerful for the scout cab to cope.

Anyone got any suggestions?
Colin

Edited by basshead56

[quote name='basshead56' timestamp='1342660007' post='1738986']But I'm wondering if the M-pulse 600 would be too powerful for the scout cab to cope.
[/quote]

As a single cab it would be running at 8 ohms wouldn't it? It is rated at 300watts, which would be about what the head would put out.... So I guess that purely from a ratings POV it [i]should[/i] be able to handle it...but it's not as though you'll be running the head flat out is it? How big is the room for the annual sheep-shearers' ball?

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1342713333' post='1739864']
As a single cab it would be running at 8 ohms wouldn't it? It is rated at 300watts, which would be about what the head would put out.... So I guess that purely from a ratings POV it [i]should[/i] be able to handle it...but it's not as though you'll be running the head flat out is it? How big is the room for the annual sheep-shearers' ball?
[/quote]

Yeah, I doubt I'll be running the head past 1/3-they are beasts in terms of power-CHAMPION :P ! Sheep shearers ball?! Away 'n sh**e man-its all dairy down here now! :)

• 3 weeks later...