Why become a member? ×

Promethean combo vs Reidmar & Classic cab - any experience / opinions?

I'm looking to possibly replace my big rig (Barefaced Compact and Ashdown ABM500) with something lighter and smaller but still with decent power. The band I'm currently playing in just doesn't need a big rig (acoustic, no drums, just cajon); I'm currently using a Hartke Kickback 10 which is fine for most of our gigs (sounds great in fact, surprisingly so), but would like something with more clout for bigger rooms.

I've heard great things about both the above; a friend has a Promethean combo and swears by it. I keep trying to borrow it but he's always using it! I was wondering how a Reidmar and single Classic cab would compare with a Promethean combo, assuming anyone has any experience. I gather that the Promethean punches well above its weight and I've only heard good things about the Reidmar.

Of course I could always keep the Barefaced and just get a head but I'll admit I'm a little out of love with the sound of it at the moment, although that could be simply because it has no drums to shine against.

I've just bought a Reidmar this week and have to say I'm well impressed.
Playing it through a Super 12 and it sounds fantastic (and loud).
You might want to try the head through your Compact first and see how it goes.
Unless you are getting a special deal buying a Reidmar and Classic at the same time you could always get the cab later.
I doubt if you would have any trouble shifting the Barefaced if you decided to change.

Thanks for the reply. That's true, and something I had considered. However I know that when I've used a Markbass LMK and my old Epifani through it I haven't been particularly happy (although the Ashdown does work much better).

I love my Promethean, it ticks so many boxes, but they're hard to find at the moment.
This has popped up again >> http://basschat.co.uk/topic/161860-tecamp-puma-110-combo/
Does a lot of what the Promethean can do without the removable head, but is a little more "classy".
Might be of interest?...