Why become a member? ×

WTB: Mesa Boogie V-Twin

surfguy13

Hi Guy,

You don't want to get a Mesa, I had one and found almost impossible to access the controls, it did sound good when dialled in though. Get the Flynn OC44 it a fantastic one control box of wonder. Proper controllable boost and extremely reactive to how you play.

[quote name='bouvier' timestamp='1342209050' post='1731874']
Hi Guy,

You don't want to get a Mesa, I had one and found almost impossible to access the controls, it did sound good when dialled in though. Get the Flynn OC44 it a fantastic one control box of wonder. Proper controllable boost and extremely reactive to how you play.
[/quote]

Hi Patrick

Yes, I am 99% convinced by the OC44, in fact I nearly bought one last week!! :) I have had a V-twin for many many years and need another so am used to the recessed controls - as you say, NOT very user-friendly! I just love the sounds I can get from it though and the fact that I can set the clean channel up when I use a strat and have the 'blues' channel on tap makes my old amps so much more versatile.

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1342209645' post='1731888']
what you want is the Bottle Rocket, fantastic pedal for bass.

Wrong forum buddy, btw :)
[/quote]

Thanks for that, appreciate the nod. Also, thanks for pointing out there is a 'Wanted' section.....never realised! :)

[quote name='Thornybank' timestamp='1342273792' post='1732649']
Got one.
And a bottle rocket.
PM to discuss?
[/quote]

You haven't got an OC44 have you? I was going to try and get one of these [i]as well as [/i]a V-Twin!! I don't suppose you'd consider selling it?