Why become a member? ×

Cant decide how to amplify my NS

NJE

I have a NS NXT and need something relatively small and compact to amplify it but I keep going round and round in cicrles trying to decide what to get.

Just to set the scene, I have already have a EBS Reidmar and EBS Neo 410 for my main band but the cab stays at the studio and I cant be bothered moving it to use at smaller gigs and at home with the upright. The Reidmar comes home from practice as its a little easier to lose and steal, but never gets used at home.

I will be travelling a bit with the upright so I want something small amplification wise. I will only be playing the upright in an acoustic trio and at some point we may take on a bit of percussion so dont need massive power. We intend to have a PA for gigs but it wont be massive, so Ideally whatever amp I get will need to be able to cope as backline in bars/small rooms competing only with one acoutic guitar and vocals.

I have a rough budget of £250 but I cannot decide whether to get a cab for the Reidmar or just get a small one hand lift combo.

The options are:

1. A cab for the Reidmar - Genz Benz Focus cab, or A EBS Classic 1x10 cab (or a Aggie 1x12 etc)
2. A combo - EBS Session 60, or something like a Gallien Krueger MB112

Both have plus and minus points which is why I cant decide....Anyone got any other good suggestions? what would you do, Cab with a head or Combo?

Has anyone here used a Session 60 or Reidmar with EUB?

I cant make my mind up....

[quote name='TheRev' timestamp='1342183949' post='1731032']
Personally, I'd get a 10 or 12" lightweight cab to go with the Reidmar. Even in an acoustic trio, you might struggle with a 60W amp (I certainly would).
[/quote]

I agree, a nice EBS Classic or (2nd hand) Neo cab would be ideal.