Why become a member? ×

PRICEDROPDROP : FS/FT Custom fretless jazz bass (fender and luthier work) : 120 £

Aqntbghd

As i don't play it that much, here is for sale (or trade) an old jazz bass heavily crafted by one of the best french luthiers (Bruno Perrin). The body is a Jim Harley 1990 Jazz bass, the neck has been de-fretted and customized brass nut. The pickups and electronics are from a 93 Fender US jazz bass (i've replaced my jazz's with EMG and preamps). The bass has strap locks fitted. This bass plays and sounds wonderful. It has some minor scratch marks on the top side due to an aggressive bag i had in the past (see picture4, the thing on picture 1 is the lightbulb reflection).

It is a beauty hidden behind an unexpected appearance and i'm asking 120£ for it. For trades i'm interested in basses, guitars or studio equipment but i'm open to any good thing, especially if you have a washburn N2 guitar or a SWR 15" cab. :)

and now some pictures :

Edited by Aqntbghd

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

[quote name='Aqntbghd' timestamp='1354961629' post='1892335']
bump for Xmas: i will not ship (too complicated and too stressed about it) but i can deliver between cambridge an northeast london easily).
[/quote]
would you not make more selling it in parts and posting it out? I can understand why you wouldn't want to ship the whole bass but parts are less stressful.

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1354963214' post='1892347']
would you not make more selling it in parts and posting it out? I can understand why you wouldn't want to ship the whole bass but parts are less stressful.
[/quote]
You might also find that taking the neck off makes it less worrying to ship. A lot of players would be happy enough to reassemble it.