Why become a member? ×

**TRADED** American Fender '62 Precision Vintage Reissue from 1987

7enderhead

[size=5]Now traded, thanks Phil.[/size]

Up for sale (possibly trade) is my 1987 Fender Vintage Reissue '62 Precision. The serial number is V023852, and the neck date is '1-6-87'.

[attachment=112900:IMG_1478.jpg]

The white Nitro finish has aged into what in German would be called 'horse tooth yellow'. This nice colour is somewhat hard to photograph, but the picture gallery should give you an idea since it contains photos taken under different lighting conditions.

The bass is currently fitted with a John East P-Retro circuit, which in my opinion nicely complements the bass's sonic properties. Even with the P-Retro fitted, it weighs in at only 3.9 kg. Very lightweight and resonant.

The original wiring harness is included too. If wanted, I could uninstall the active circuit.

Also included is an 'ashtray' pickup cover and the slightly battered (only on the outside) but fully functional (even the key works on the locks) tweed case.

The bass has some minor issues, all concerning the finish, the biggest of which is to be found at the back of the headstock where the previous owner (or one of them damned music stores from the Eighties) obviously put a sticker which ate into the finish.

The only reason I would want to let go of this instrument is that the neck measures 44 millimeters at the nut (so it's 'wide but shallow'), and - sporting very small hands - I find the change from my other basses somewhat disorienting.

[size=5]Photos can be found in this gallery: [url="http://s111.photobucket.com/albums/n160/7enderhead/Prec_87/?albumview=slideshow"]http://s111.photobuc...mview=slideshow[/url][/size]

Please feel free to shamelessly take advantage of the Euro's ever-decreasing value to secure this nice bass at the following prices:

[size=6]1699 € / currently ~1339 £[/size] (with the P-Retro)
[size=6]1599 € / currently ~1259 £ [/size](without the P-Retro)

Prices include tracked shipping to Europe with GLS from Austria. Don't be shy to hit me with your offers.

If you want to get rid of a lightweight Precision in similar quality (nut width around 42mm) or your good-quality EUB, then I'd be interested in a trade. Anything Rickenbacker is also more than welcome. Partial trade involving a Epiphone Jack Casady would be ok, too.

Edited by 7enderhead

Is that the 1st of June or the 6th of Jan? If it's June then this was made 3 days after I was born... imagine that! :P American though so day and month probably back to front :rolleyes:

Good luck with the sale, way out of my price range!