Why become a member? ×

Tokai T-Bird

Bassulike66

I wouldn't think it would be too much of a problem, but you'd need to drill the body. If you're of a mind, get yourself one of the Hipshot bridges instead of a Gibson/copy, they're way superior and you only need to make two holes as opposed to three. You'll have full control over intonation and individual string height. Woop.
P

Ew why would you? :)
I have an Epi pro IV and I'm over the moon the they come with a "proper" bridge instead of a 3 pointer.

But to answer your question, yes.... but special inserts have to be fitted into the body it's not just a case of drilling and bolting.

Of course it's possible, it's only wood and metal. Is it advisable? No. You want to do all this work:

- drill three massive holes into your bass and push threaded inserts into said holes which will probably pop out under string tension, if not right away then over time.
- reroute your bridge earth wire to come out into one of these holes (unless you're lucky and they happen to coincide)
- deal with any neck angle issues (which will be a lot of fun if your Tokai is set neck and would warrant a build thread of its own) because the three point sits half a mile above the surface of the body.
- fill the screw holes that the previous bridge left.

to voluntarily give up the ability to individually adjust your string height? Be happy with your Tokai. I had one once, it was a nice bass. Don't make it worse in some attempt to make it look a bit more Gibson-y.

In summary - possible? Yes. Advisable? No. The three point bridge is nasty - and that's coming from a rabid Gibson fan. I only have one bass which employs that abortion of a bridge and I very quickly replaced it with a Hipshot Supertone.