Why become a member? ×

Pignose PGB200 Bass

Hutton

Does anyone have one of these? I'm trying to find out what they are like without much success. It's a Pignose PGB200 30" scale bass with a built-in amp and speaker. It can also be plugged in to a seperate amp. I found a site which doesn't say too much about the bass and only has two poor youtubes.

Edited by Hutton

• 2 months later...

[quote name='Meddle' timestamp='1349556782' post='1827808']
A curious design. That tiny speaker won't really reproduce a lot of bass end at all. Can the speaker be used to make the strings feedback? I imagine you could use it as a crude sustainer.
[/quote]
Yes, yes and yes.

The speaker gives enough volume for practise at home but not really for much else. It's really well made with a nice low action. I also had the Guitar version which i sold to a friend who loves it and keeps it by the side of his armchair while his Strat stays in it's case.

Edited by BetaFunk

[quote name='Meddle' timestamp='1349556782' post='1827808']
A curious design. That tiny speaker won't really reproduce a lot of bass end at all. Can the speaker be used to make the strings feedback? I imagine you could use it as a crude sustainer.
[/quote]

Speaker diameter is no measure of the frequencies produced. I own the Fernandes take on the travel bass with a built-in speaker (the Pie-zo) and it produces plenty of bottom end. The limiting factor is volume which is more down to the built-in 10W amp and the size of the body. The Pie-zo has quite a deep boy in comparison to guitars with built-in amps and speakers to compensate for this. For me the limiting factor is battery life as the amp eats its way through PP3s.