Why become a member? ×

Hamer Cruise USA 5 string Jazz style - SD pups, 2-Tek bridge SOLD

warwickhunt

Recently bought this from a fellow BCer but despite my best efforts I am not, nor ever will be, a 5 string player! :D

Original thread. [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/134276-fsft-hamer-cruise-5-2-tek-model-sold-pending/page__hl__hamer"]http://basschat.co.u...page__hl__hamer[/url]

£350 +postage (no case but will pack very well or could possibly sell a case for it to go in).

The 2-Tek bridge certainly helps the sustain but luckily this is the Mk II bridge and as such the bass is lighter than were it the Mk I (9lb 12oz). The neck is nice and shallow and the action is pretty low and light. All round a really nice bass, just a shame it isn't a 4 string... coincidentally I would swap for the 4 string version! No major dings, dinks or worming, with a light bit of player wear to the back of the neck behind the first position/3rd fret.

Edited by warwickhunt

[quote name='GazzBass' timestamp='1341951926' post='1727021']
Hi Dude,
Apart from hard cash, would your desire for another 4 stringer possibly stretch to something other than the same again - the B string
Just asking????
[/quote]

Hmmm. I'm being a bit dim tonight; have you got a 4 string Cruise to trade? I would consider other trades but it'd have to be something interesting. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1344069244' post='1759284']
Damn! Just seen this now.... too late as usual! :unsure:
[/quote]

Hmmm not trying to rub it in but... this really was/is a stonking bass and the buyer (not paid but good for the promise I'm sure) is getting a pro quality USA bass for the money that you'd pay for a cheapie!