Why become a member? ×

HH 2x15

cd_david

I bought this off eBay a few weeks ago, I have been looking for one for more than 20 years. They have come and gone in the past but been too far away etc.

I always remember them being REALLY loud and plenty of bottom. I already own an HH 4x12 which I love and did own the older vertical 2x15 without the scoop but it was very quiet and muffled.

I collected it on a 200 mile round trip to Brighouse after the £51 purchase, cheap enough but it needs new drivers (Joe, Captain Black has some that I must collect :blush: ) and it sat in the hallway for 2 weeks.

I had loads of grill and tolex that I bought to do up the 412 over 15 years ago as at the time there was a minimum roll purchase, so this saved me buying and sourcing correct stuff.

Anyway, yesterday came and was warm and dry so i decided to blitz the cab.

Striping took al long time as the back panel has a recessed join seem that took forever to remove the old glue and tolex. Eventually the use of a very small braddal and a jigsaw blade held with pliers did the trick.

Everything else was a breeze really, evostik contact adhesive and spray evostik and a sharp Stanley knife, cabinet paint and soap and water sorted it in about 8 hours.

From this:

To this:

Going to use another piece of grill as the end of the roll i used has become dirty in storage which i didn't realise till it was on.

Cant wait to get the drivers and give it a try :)

Edited by cd_david