Why become a member? ×

My Corvette $$

DogHammer

My first 'non introduction' thread was supposed to be of the gig tonight but we have been cancelled due to our singer being really ill.

Ah well.

Instead you get my Lefty Warwick Corvette $$ NT Bubinga

4 String
Bubinga Body
Maple neck with Ekanga veneer stripes
Wenge Fingerboard
34 scale
24 fret
Passive MED MM-style humbuckers with active electronics

Sorry about the bad quality photos.... Was done with my phone in a hurry!

[quote name='lee4' timestamp='1341749981' post='1723499']
Had one,sold it,regret it.
New ones far too dear,so I'm Gassing for a Rockbass $$.Problem is they are as rare as hen's teeth.
[/quote]
But there's currently a German $$ going for a sub-RB price on this very forum, as well as an RB $$ too. So you've no excuse, really! :D

[quote name='mart' timestamp='1342104639' post='1729673']
But there's currently a German $$ going for a sub-RB price on this very forum, as well as an RB $$ too. So you've no excuse, really! :D
[/quote]
I'm skint,that's my excuse!

[quote name='Warwick_Official' timestamp='1342210741' post='1731925']
Thats a great looking Corvette $$! The $$ provides so many sound possibilities with the configuration, enjoy it! Please let me know if you've ever got any questions or if I can be of assistance in any way.
[/quote]

I did have a question actually...

When gigging or playing for a long period of time, I find that the back of the body of the corvette gets wet through sweat (Hot practice rooms or hot stages)

Would this be an issue with damaging the wood on a natural finish over time? I keep it regularly waxed with the Warwick BeesWax, would this keep it protected, as well as looking good?

Should do. At least, I hope so. My natural $$ gets a bit damp where my forearm rests (the black one is very shiny in the same area).

I wipe mine thoroughly before putting it away and wax it regularly too. So far, there's no staining. I had a natural-finish Corvette Standard that was a bit discoloured on the top horn where, I suspect, the first owner wasn't as diligent with the wax.

[quote name='DogHammer' timestamp='1342520726' post='1736399']
I did have a question actually...

When gigging or playing for a long period of time, I find that the back of the body of the corvette gets wet through sweat (Hot practice rooms or hot stages)

Would this be an issue with damaging the wood on a natural finish over time? I keep it regularly waxed with the Warwick BeesWax, would this keep it protected, as well as looking good?
[/quote]

DogHammer,

Yes, the Wax will keep your bass protected as well as looking good! You can see a Care & Maintenance video on the Warwick website here: http://www.warwick.de/modules/infos/info.php?katID=24382&cl=EN Thanks, and please let me know if I can assist in any way.