Why become a member? ×

2007 U.S.A. B.C.Rich Customshop Widow bass - Withdrawn

Lorne

Fully bound neck, body and headstock, ebony fretboard, passive DiMarzio pick ups and individual saddle bridge system

Nearly the same condition I bought it in, except 1 little ding in the front of the bass (Bloody kids), slight overspray on the headstock, otherwise, pretty much as new (don't quote me, you might find a surface scratch I haven't)

Comes with the original B.C.Rich Hardcase and certificate of Authenticity

The LIST price for these is over £3800, so looking for around £1750 plus shipping, but pick up form Devon is fine
[font=Calibri][/font] [font=Calibri][/font] [font=Calibri][/font] [font=Calibri][/font] [font=Calibri][/font]

Edited by Lorne

[quote name='Rayman' timestamp='1341340896' post='1717420']
Now that sir, is a bass guitar.[i] Monster[/i].
[/quote]

The benefit of having doubles of things, means you can sell one and still have that model in your arsnel, already sold a Mockingbird this week :)

[quote name='Bassulike66' timestamp='1341351838' post='1717715']
Please, please, please sell me that maple Mockingbird!!!! :gas:

Ok, the green Euro 4 lx will do for now! ;)
[/quote]

Sorry, the Maple Mockingbird was picked up today and is on it's way to Finland right now

As for the Spector.....Mmmmmm

[quote name='Voodoosnake' timestamp='1341352910' post='1717740']
Gulp

Either Bitch would do me fine.
[/quote]

You spelt it wrong, it's Bich

Ok, one of them is a 1979 Bich 8 (the first year they started making the bass version). It currently has a wiring issue, it thinks it's out of phase when it is in phase and in phase when it is out of phase. It has a crack in the control cavity, but it hasn't moved since I put it there in 1992, very easy to strengthen from the inside, has come chips and a non original flight case. It is Koa with a flame maple neck and Brazilian Rosewood fretboard

The other Bich is a very rare SUPREME version, "a bound Ebony fretboard and cloud inlays", this is a 1985 bass, one of probably only 20 Supreme Bich 8's made, the bridge is NOT original, I do have the original bridge and hardcase

One of them might go, the '85 would be around £2000, possibly more

[quote name='Lorne' timestamp='1341353986' post='1717772']

Sorry, the Maple Mockingbird was picked up today and is on it's way to Finland right now

As for the Spector.....Mmmmmm
[/quote]

Aaarrggghhhh!!!.....I would of sold one of my kids for that!

Give me a shout if you ever wanna'move the Euro 4lx on..

[quote name='Bassulike66' timestamp='1341383872' post='1717898']
Aaarrggghhhh!!!.....I would of sold one of my kids for that!

Give me a shout if you ever wanna'move the Euro 4lx on..
[/quote]

I don't need any more kids, sorry :lol: :lol:

I have a feeling there will be a bit of a fight for the Spector when I put it up for sale, loads of people seem to want it

Here's the story, I sold a bass, was going to pay some money off the credit card, found the Spector, some douchenozzle had Defretted it, and put the tuners in a Warwick fashion, I.E. pointing towards the body. I immediately discovered I suck at playing fretless, so had the fretboard sanded to remove most of the marks and had it refretted.It has a Spector hard case. It needs a new knob, one of them has lost some splines

[quote name='Lorne' timestamp='1341390187' post='1718005']
I don't need any more kids, sorry :lol: :lol:

I have a feeling there will be a bit of a fight for the Spector when I put it up for sale, loads of people seem to want it

Here's the story, I sold a bass, was going to pay some money off the credit card, found the Spector, some douchenozzle had Defretted it, and put the tuners in a Warwick fashion, I.E. pointing towards the body. I immediately discovered I suck at playing fretless, so had the fretboard sanded to remove most of the marks and had it refretted.It has a Spector hard case. It needs a new knob, one of them has lost some splines
[/quote]

:rolleyes: Never mind, i'll find a way of moving them on some how!

Bloody blimey thats some story regarding the Spector - what is the overall condition of fretboard and body as we speak??!!

Just out of interest what's the history of your second Mockingbird?

Oh, and how far down the Spector dibs list am i??

Cheers..

Edited by Bassulike66

[quote name='Bassulike66' timestamp='1341394069' post='1718099']
:rolleyes: Never mind, i'll find a way of moving them on some how!

Bloody blimey thats some story regarding the Spector - what is the overall condition of fretboard and body as we speak??!!

Just out of interest what's the history of your second Mockingbird?

Oh, and how far down the Spector dibs list am i??

Cheers..
[/quote]

The Spector has 4 holes in the back of the headstock for where the idiot slanted the tuners, one of the tuners ain't so pretty from the back, works fine though (G string Tuner - Schaller plate is pushed in a little) 3 or 4 tiny dings in the bass overall, probably some very minor scratches.

Fretboard needed to be skimmed as the douchenozzle used Roundwounds when he defretted it, d'oh

Brand new frets are in it, case is ok, has some tolex missing, a bit glued back down

A new Brass Nut was cut and added to the bass due to the old one being filed down too much for fretless use

Wings are SOLID quilted Maple.

Neck is fine,, you might like to raise the action, I run all my basses LOW

I don't do "Dibs" with me, it's first person that pays, Owns

.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Mockingbird, it is a 1978 TJ Mockingbird, Mahogany Neck, Mahogany wings, All Original, Original case, Original Warranty card, Original Straplocks.

Letter from previous owner of bass (2 owner bass - me being one of them)

This bass was used in the Thin Lizzy video to "Do what you want too" from the Black Rose Album, I have 160 odd photos from that video shoot, a magazine that relates to the story too....Nobody will verify the bass, Scott Gorham couldn't remember sh*t, The owner of the company that lent them to Thin Lizzy couldn't remember sh*t, Brian Downey agreed with everything I told him, but couldn't put his name down to it as he couldn't be 100% sure, even though his manager was screaming in his ear "Brian, you can clearly see this is the same bass!!!". Their original manager it hard to track down. It IS the bass from the video though.

[quote name='Schnozzalee' timestamp='1341514965' post='1720442']
This is dangerous for me, WASP being my favourite band since 4 years old...already been through 3 Charvel Stars
[/quote]

Me too, although not 4 years old, a bit older than that

Here's my other Widow bass (1994)
[font="Calibri"][IMG]http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u230/share6_album/SV202770.jpg[/IMG][/font] [font="Calibri"][IMG]http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u230/share6_album/SV202766-2.jpg[/IMG][/font]