Why become a member? ×

Acoustic Basses..?

WillEdwards

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' timestamp='1342619707' post='1737997']I steered clear from a Taylor as I don't want any of my money channeled into supporting scientology. ...[/quote]
Huh? Go on, it's a dull afternoon, what's the back-story on this?

[quote name='WillEdwards' timestamp='1341443113' post='1719328']
....I mostly play jazz and funk, so on the funk side it won't help, but on the jazz side it would do....
[/quote]

I'm not sure that Jazz on a regular acoustic bass, ie big spanish guitar, will sound any better than your other fretless.

[quote name='WillEdwards' timestamp='1341443113' post='1719328']
I went to London to the Bass Gallery (it's awesome by the way!) and tried some acoustics out. They had enough to try but it wasn't a massive choice (although not many places will have a big choice) but I tried all of them and quite liked a blue Dean like they have on the website....[/quote]

Was going to suggest Dean (and Tanglewood, but they've already been mentioned) - I had one of their cheap-and-cheerful acoustic basses (a Playmate, IIRC), and it was very good for the money. May have to go and have a look for another one now...:P