Why become a member? ×

The bullet has been bitten...

Bobo_Grimmer

Hey, I've been away from a pc for some time this month and finally have an afternoon where i was able to get on one so i thought i'd share something with you guys....

For years as a left handed bass player i've seen, gigged with and had the joy of listening to upright players always thinking to myself that it's such a shame i can't play right handed.

Well last month i found out, thanks to BC yet again, that inface you can get lefty EUB's!!! :D

So i've invested some money in a NS NXT 5 LH AB.

Here's a couple of pictures i took briefly at my dad's, where i had it delivered, and after a gig i popped over to un box it and squeel like a girl at it. ^_^

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm185/Shawn_Grimmer/Left%20handed%20EUB%20NS%20Design%20NXT%205%20AB/

So far, over the short time i've had between gigs to play it, i'm enjoying it very much. I love the tone and the different playing style. I'm very much looking forward to integrating it into our sets and writing on it.

Oh and i haven't told the band/bands that i have it. i'm going to just turn up with it in a couple of weeks and surprise them all.

Anyhoo i won't take up any more of your time. Just thought i'd share.

Peace, Shawn

[quote name='TPJ' timestamp='1340978840' post='1712372']
Congrats. Enjoy the new instrument. It opens all possibilities. :)
[/quote]
Thank you, And yes i can tell already!. :)

[quote name='TheRev' timestamp='1340983487' post='1712449']
Welcome!!

I'm gigging in Dorset most weekends, so if you ever want a go on a gert big bass just let me know... :D
[/quote]
:D Well if i ever want to have a play with a gert biggun' then your my man aye. ;P I'll keep an eye out for ya.

[quote name='TheRev' timestamp='1340983552' post='1712452']
Oh yeah, you [b]can[/b] get left handed double basses..... for a price :yarr:
[/quote]
Very true but the price tag is a little beyond me right now....

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1340987083' post='1712537']
COPYCAT!!!! :D :P
[/quote]
Ha ha! :D While looking these basses up i found your post about yours from a Google search. As soon as i saw it i had a Wayne's world moment....

[quote name='Bobo_Grimmer' timestamp='1341150731' post='1714310']
Ha ha! :D While looking these basses up i found your post about yours from a Google search. As soon as i saw it i had a Wayne's world moment....
[/quote]

And I'm not even getting a cut from NS for all the good publicity I'm giving them! :o :rolleyes: :D Anyway, being left-handed is now officially cool and there appears to be a small but ever-growing army of us. :i-m_so_happy: