Why become a member? ×

Status 3000 fs/ft *SOLD*

Bigwan

Up for sale is my recently acquired Status S3000. This one has been through the wars! Original pickups exhibited a strange 'my A string is missing' quality so they've been replaced with EMG J type pickups i had spare (originals included). The neck has one area of damage at the 'headstock' end (pictured) but just outside normal playing area so doesn't annoy thumb position. The body is a little rough in places, with the neck pocket damage being of primary concern. I have glued and clamped the cracks and the pocket is solid.Other than that there are a few knocks and dings, and what seems to be white paint on the edge of the bass at the forearm contour.

The good news is that it sounds very nice. Plenty of punch, very loud, zero dead spots. Frets are in tip-top condition. I had an s2000 for a while a few years ago and i'd say this sounds better to my ear - a little more organic than its all graphite sibling. Weight is around the high 9lb mark i would think, but that's a rough guestimate as my scales are varying between 8 and 10.5 using the old weigh yourself with and without method.

Original carved-from-granite-esque hard case included (picture showing case is not my bass or case, just showing case style as mine is stowed in the cave under the stairs at present!). Could sell with nice quality Warwick guitar gig bag if you prefer.

Still a fair few years of solid gigging in this old girl!

Looking £350 plus shipping. May entertain trades especially for amp heads.

[attachment=111732:example of hard case.JPG][attachment=111733:photo(1).JPG][attachment=111734:photo(2).JPG][attachment=111735:photo.JPG][attachment=111736:P1010409.JPG][attachment=111738:face damage.JPG][attachment=111739:top edge forearm contour (paint!).JPG][attachment=111740:top edge upper horn.JPG][attachment=111742:P1010400.JPG][attachment=111744:rear of lower horn.JPG][attachment=111747:P1010387.JPG][attachment=111748:P1010386.JPG][attachment=111749:neck damage 1.JPG]

Edited by Bigwan