Why become a member? ×

Cort v Ibanez - Should I Trade

garythebass

I've got the opportunity to trade out my Cort T74 plus a small amount of cash for an Ibanez SR700.

I play rock & indie covers in my gigging band.

The only niggle I have with the Cort is the shape, particularly right angles on the edge; just a personal thing, really.

Sound and playability I like, but the Ibbys have got good rep for that too.

Anyone got an opinion of the EMG HZs v Bartolini Series Ones?

Any comments will be greatly appreciated.

Any chance you can try before you trade? Specs are just numbers on paper. Go with your hands and ears.

I personally prefer EMG pickups over Barts, but the US Barts are much better than the Far East ones IMO...

They are both decent basses with good quality control, so both will be able to do what you want from them.

+1

sounds like 6 of 1 and half a dozen of the other. id seriously try before you buy, i know ive took the punt a few times and luckily its worked out for me but atleast if you try it out you can look for any faults too.

All the best and keep us posted :D

BSB

FWIW the SR700 is by far the best non-prestige Soundgear I've played. Dunno if it's the maple centre block or what, but it seemed a better all-round instrument than the SR500. Sounded a bit more solid and snappy.