Why become a member? ×

Im considering buying a double bass.

Lewk

I considered that and actually rented one from my local music shop for a month just before Christmas. See my thread and some advice here

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/160646-dipping-my-toe-in-the-upright-bass-pond/page__st__20__p__1476315__hl__dipping__fromsearch__1#entry1476315"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/160646-dipping-my-toe-in-the-upright-bass-pond/page__st__20__p__1476315__hl__dipping__fromsearch__1#entry1476315[/url]

My conclusions were:
[list]
[*]It would be cool in theory to play a couple of songs in a set with one
[*]It would be cool in my living room (I have a big living room with an appropriately empty corner)
[*]It was difficult to transport
[*]It was hard to play and hard to get any volume out of it
[*]If I ever get one, I'll have to spend upwards of £2K to get a worthwhile one - plus same again nearly for amplification ( AER is the only way to go)
[/list]
I left it alone for the moment.

Ooooooooo handbags at dawn :)

I want a DB too, but I need to move to a bigger place first, which means a DB would end up costing me around £500,000*, give or take a few thousand...

Edit: London W4 price of a not-too-upmarket, reasonably large flat.

Edited by bluejay

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1340215938' post='1701280']

I want a DB too, but I need to move to a bigger place first, which means a DB would end up costing me around £500,000*, give or take a few thousand...

Edit: London W4 price of a not-too-upmarket, reasonably large flat.
[/quote]

Depending on where you move to BJ you could get a bigger place, a DB and some loose change left ;)

[quote name='Len_derby' timestamp='1340218672' post='1701338']
Depending on where you move to BJ you could get a bigger place, a DB and some loose change left ;)
[/quote]

Well, I would need to stay in the area, I just couldn't leave the BC Chiswick posse at this stage, could I? :D

Edited by bluejay