Why become a member? ×

SOLD! Warwick Rockbass Corvette $$ ACTIVE

Bass-Thing

This is currently also for sale on Ebay but I thought I'd post it on here too as there. Obviously these basses are only usually available as passive and quite frankly have virtually no tonal variation at all. It's only when I had an EMG 2 band EQ fitted that it started sounding brilliant. I bought it from the USA on Ebay a couple of years ago as a 'used 2nd' even though it was completely new with nothing wrong, apart from a small ding in the middle of the back. The only reason I'm selling it is because I don't really get on with small bodied basses and the top horn rather annoyingly sticks into my chest. Sounds great though. Ungigged and only one owner. Good as new. Comes with straplocks and Warwick truss rod tool and a gigbag.

For Basschat members only I'm asking for £400 + £20 (or it can be collected from my office in Haywards Heath).

Edited by Bass-Thing

[quote name='Pinball' timestamp='1341467482' post='1719393']
Bump for a nice looking bass!
[/quote]

Thank you kind sir! They do look lovely. Sadly if you buy a new one it sounds awful - no top end or any tonal variation to be had. I had mine fitted with an EMG 2 band EQ and it now sounds brilliant! The only reason I'm selling is because small bodied basses look stupid on a big bloke like me and the top horn is very uncomfortable. :unsure:

[quote name='Bass-Thing' timestamp='1341503821' post='1720190']
Thank you kind sir! They do look lovely. Sadly if you buy a new one it sounds awful - no top end or any tonal variation to be had. I had mine fitted with an EMG 2 band EQ and it now sounds brilliant! The only reason I'm selling is because small bodied basses look stupid on a big bloke like me and the top horn is very uncomfortable. :unsure:
[/quote]

Sorry I've just completely repeated myself from the initial post.

[quote name='throwoff' timestamp='1341477231' post='1719499'] Hello mate, I have dopped you a PM [/quote]

Having considered the sensible advice from my good friend Throwoff regarding a German $$ that went for similar money recently, I am dropping the price to £375. Postage is still £20 on top of this or you can come and pick it up. It's not German I know but it is absolutely mint and as good as new, only a new one costs £600 and doesn't have a preamp.

OK slightly strange Bump we have here. Folks if you are REMOTELY interested in buying my bass, you should definitely check out this one which is still for sale at an utterly ridiculous bargain price:
http://basschat.co.uk/topic/172375-for-sale-warwick-corvette-double-buck-4-string-price-drop-l375/page__fromsearch__1

This is not a Rockbass but a genuine full on German Warwick Corvette $$ going for the same money as I want for my Rockbass. My bass is a bargain for the money so what does that make this? The reason I'm advertising this bass is because I thought it had been sold so I posted my Rockbass details on the same page to see if anyone was interested. Bang out of order as it's still unbelieveably for sale. If I got on with the Corvette shape I would buy it myself. Seriously you'd be bonkers to buy my bass while this one is still available. :gas:

[quote name='Bass-Thing' timestamp='1342100378' post='1729579']
OK slightly strange Bump we have here. Folks if you are REMOTELY interested in buying my bass, you should definitely check out this one which is still for sale at an utterly ridiculous bargain price:
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/172375-for-sale-warwick-corvette-double-buck-4-string-price-drop-l375/page__fromsearch__1"]http://basschat.co.u...__fromsearch__1[/url]

This is not a Rockbass but a genuine full on German Warwick Corvette $$ going for the same money as I want for my Rockbass. My bass is a bargain for the money so what does that make this? The reason I'm advertising this bass is because I thought it had been sold so I posted my Rockbass details on the same page to see if anyone was interested. Bang out of order as it's still unbelieveably for sale. If I got on with the Corvette shape I would buy it myself. Seriously you'd be bonkers to buy my bass while this one is still available. :gas:
[/quote]

Incidentally this has been approved by Moderators folks. :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...