Why become a member? ×

Android Midi controller over USB..

markstuk

Since Android has supported USB host mode since 3.1 I'm thinking of getting a 4.0 tablet to manage patches in my Nord Stage (which supports Midi over USB) Sort of a touchscreen interface for not much dosh.. However most of the stuff I've seen being used on forums etc has been to provide a control surface for a DAW over wifi/ethernet. However Touchdaw appears to support it without being specific or being able to find anyone else who has done this.. Now I know the easy answer is to buy an Ipad, but I'm not an Ipad sort of guy...

Any thoughts, pointers, hints?

Cheers

Mark

[quote name='markstuk' timestamp='1339946902' post='1696588']
Now I know the easy answer is to buy an Ipad, but I'm not an Ipad sort of guy...

[/quote]

First, it may better to explain this comment??

I have done some lurking but as usual the trick seems to be find folk who are trying to do roughly the same sort of thing.,.. It may be easiest simply to contact the Touchdaw guys..

[quote name='Ou7shined' timestamp='1339976408' post='1697248']
For some chaps (myself included) buying into i-gear is selling out to the man.

Have you tried the Android forums OP? They are a friendly and knowledgeable bunch.
[/quote]

Strangely enough my new MID 1050 tablet arrived this morning, installed TouchDaw and got it pushing complete patch setups in about half an hour.. . Total cost about £109... Where do you think Apples cash mountain comes from exactly?

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1340224168' post='1701469']
Right.

Good luck then!
[/quote]