Why become a member? ×

Sold: Promethean 1x10 500w combo.

deanovw

Sold

Promethean 1x10 500w combo. This is an awesome amp and is perfect for every situation.

Comes with a Roqsolid cover for the combo.

Blurb below

[size=3]Featuring a unique Vibe control for vintage/modern tone shifts.

[color=#414141]Boldly creative and defiantly original, the Promethean 1x10 bass combo amp from Ibanez delivers power, portability, and high fidelity. Its fire-red finish makes it standout. The amp itself is detachable, and the cab has a tilt-back design. Intuitive controls, built-in graphic EQ, and a unique footswitch-accessible Vibe control give you wide tonal range, precise control, and rapid shifting between modern and vintage tones. The amplifier is Class D which allows the amp to be lightweight and compact without sacrificing power. It drives the internal speaker with 250W, and doubles to 500W with an extension speaker. Overall weight is just 28 lb.[/color][/size]
[b] Features[/b][list]
[*]6-band graphic EQ/bass and treble shelving tone controls
[*]Peak limiting circuit
[*]Vibe (color) control knob allows both large and incremental changes of tone from vintage to modern bass tones
[*]2-way Clip Indicator
[*]Auxiliary input (1/8")
[*]Balance line out (XLR)
[*]Phones out, tuner out (1/8")
[*]Footswitch jack (Mute/Vibe)
[*]Detachable P500H head with 250W combo, 500W with extension cab
[*]10" subwoofer rated at 250W
[*]High frequency dome tweeter with passive crossover
[*]Tilt-up system
[*]Metal grille net
[*]Weight: 28 lb.
[*]Dimensions: 12-4/5" W x 13-1/10" H x 14-1/5" D
[/list]

[color=#000000][b][size=1][size=3]Pics:[/size][/size]
[size=1][size=3][/size][/size]
[size=1][size=3][/size][/size]
[size=1][size=3][/size][/size][/b][/color]

Edited by deanovw

[quote name='deanovw' timestamp='1339867781' post='1695679']
I really dont want to do this but I have GAS for a Genz Benz streamliner 600 and have no money!
[/quote]
As a current Promethean owner, and a past Streamliner owner, I'd urge you not to.

IMO/IME, of course. :)

Probably one for another thread, but I just find the Promethean head to be the best of all the micro heads I've used. It's still quite warm for a solid-state pre, but it's more defined than the TC450 and the Streamliner.

That said, I've gone back to non-class D for my full-time head. The micros are a compromise. Again, IMO.

• 2 months later...

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1339925520' post='1696239']
As a current Promethean owner, and a past Streamliner owner, I'd urge you not to.

IMO/IME, of course. :)
[/quote]I agree that a Promethean is preferable to a Streamliner. The Promethean is one of the most underrated heads out there. If you want a bit of growl, get yourself an overdrive pedal rather than replacing the whole amp. That's all IMO/IME too! :)

Thanks for the input. :D

I wouldn't be selling it if I didn't need to raise some cash. :(

However, I have just taken delivery of a Barefaced Midget and have another amp so cannot justify have two small cabs and two amps.