Why become a member? ×

Licensed Unlined Fretless Jazz Neck with Fender Decal

I bought this neck to replace the lined one on my Squier VM fretless jazz, as I don't like lined necks, but ended up selling the bass before fitting it.

It is a WD Music, Licensed By Fender, unlined fretless neck, with an ebony fingerboard. I've put a '62 replica Jazz decal on it and sealed it with several coats of spray acrylic, but there are some tiny bubble marks right on the end that show in the right light, so it needs a light rub down and a final coat. Only the front of the headstock was sprayed. The back and underside of the neck are as from the factory.

The nut slot is 1½" wide and the heel tapers from 2½" to 2 3/8th" at the base of the neck. Truss rod adjustment is at the heel end.

It is in totally mint condition, no scratches, screw holes, bumps or dings. I'll chuck in the can of clear acrylic as well if you want it.

Yours for £155 posted, or £150 collected from Truro, Cornwall. Payment by Bank Transfer, Paypal gift, or cold hard cash :-)

Current retail on these is £204.25 [url="http://www.wdmusic.co.uk/product/BASS_NECK_EBONY_BE"]http://www.wdmusic.co.uk/product/BASS_NECK_EBONY_BE[/url]

Edited by davehux

The weblink doesn't help much - "[color=#000000][font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=2][Every bass neck comes completely fretted" - [/size][/font][/color]& your photo's don't show the side dots (if there are any?) So does it have position markers & what/where are they, at 'fret position'?

Cheerz, John

Edit: What size are the tuner holes please?

Edited by KiOgon

Hi John

I agree, It's the world's first fretted, fretless neck! Nice one, WD Music.

It has dot markers on the side of the neck. Having compared them with a fretted Jazz, they are where the frets would be, as seems to be normal for fretless necks.

My trusty tape measure has the holes at 1.6cm, about 5/8th inch, in diameter.