Why become a member? ×

SONG RIGHTS

AKA

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1339667895' post='1692186']
I once played a covers gig and two retired ladies came in with PRS cards asking for a list of the covers that we play, as the venue was getting a 'spot check' from PRS. I assume these surveys are to get an idea what material is being performed in venues, but I can certainly see that this isn't an exhaustive survey!
[/quote]

Had that once, we made up the set as we went along, so they stayed and watched the whole gig, they knew their stuff as they kept writing their little notes however obscure the covers we did.
It was boxing day as well.... dedicated.

Get the PRS / MCPS license, you fill out the form with the cover songs on it with the artiste and publisher if you know them, they'll fill that bit in if you don't. They'll then send you an invoice based on the number of copies to be made which obviously won't be a lot and if I remember correctly, you're allowed 25 free promotional copies.

Had the PRS folks at a few of our gigs, generally nice people. They wrote a list of the songs we played and asked the titles of the ones they didn't know.