Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Ibanez SRX 705 5 string Bass

silverfoxnik

Thanks for the BUMP Shawman.. I need it! :)

It's odd, but even though it's difficult times for everybody and there's a lot of nice basses for sale, I can't remember a bass or item of bass gear that I've put up for sale here on Basschat that's attracted [b][i]less[/i][/b] interest than this bass..??

Would welcome any feedback as to why that is, if anyone feels so inclined..

Whatever, It looks like the dreaded Evil Bay is looming!

Hmm, a tricky one.

Maybe a reflection of the smaller bonus being given to bankers?

As someone new to bass guitars it seems like there are lots of good deals around, both here and ebay so I guess the market is just slow. The prices of new bass guitars have also dropped as you sometimes see sellers on ebay trying to sell their guitars for more than the price of a new example. Certainly nothing wrong with the quality of instruments or a reflecttion on sellers.

There is another thread going at the moment that suggests that only a couple of makes are are fachionable and maintaining their value, although even that may be relative to other makes rather than compared to what they were worth a couple of years ago.

Your Ibanez looks a bargain. I would like to own it but I just got another recently. There just aren't enough people buying I guess.

If you can I would stash it away and bring it out after the summer hols.

Edited by Pinball

Cheers Pinball - a concise summing up of the situation I think..

Waiting until after summer's not such a problem and I do actually enjoy playing this bass - especially when I put it through my Daniel D turbo-booster pedal - it sounds massive!

It's just the slightly narrower spacing than I'm used to that's an issue..

Maybe if someone has a wider spaced 5 string of a similar value they'd like to trade for this, it might be the best solution?

[quote name='silverfoxnik' timestamp='1341500389' post='1720113']
Waiting until after summer's not such a problem and I do actually enjoy playing this bass - especially when I put it through my Daniel D turbo-booster pedal - it sounds massive!

[/quote]
Aye, or wait for me to get the money, I'll soon get bored with something else and sell it..

You know the way to my heart as I love words to describe sound like "Massive" and "Booster", underhand tactics!

Edited by Pinball

[quote name='Jellyfish' timestamp='1341501671' post='1720136']
I had to wait weeks and weeks for my G&L to sell. By which point I had enough cash on top to buy myself an Ibanez SR Prestige. It really is a buyers market. :(
This bass is such a good price..
[/quote]

You nailed it. If they are a good price they either sell immediately or sit there for ages. If I had the money in my guitar fund I would have already blown it on a Warwick, Yammy TRB, G&L or this Ibanez in the last two weeks, some nice Mex Fenders that have come up too.

Sunday morning BUMP! :)

As there's no-one coming forward to buy this, just to say that I'm definitely interested in trades for a P Bass of some description or a passive Jazz style 5 string with 19mm string spacing..

Me neither?? Actually, there's so much choice at the moment, it really is a buyer's market...

As always, I prefer selling my gear (especially basses) here on Basschat, but perhaps for the first time in as long as I can remember, other places such as Ebay and Gumtree are a viable alternative when it comes to selling.

Still - one can always live in hope.

Come on Folks, this really is a good bass for the money ... :)

[quote name='grumble' timestamp='1342730370' post='1740244']
Oh plenty of interest here but I'm on a strict 'one-in-one-out' diet ! The only thing I may want to move on is the Stagg EUB and by the time I shifted that this would be gone.
[/quote]

At this rate, you never know your luck!

BUMP for the weekend....