Why become a member? ×

If Wampler made Bass FX pedals...

Mark_Andertons

* Valve pre-amp you can stick in the FX return, thus bypassing the existing pre-amp / tone stack

* 3 knob tone stack

* Fender / Sunn / ACC / Marshall / Ampeg / 'Modern' choices

* Option to swap 12AX7, AT7, AU7 for varying OD.

* Switchable onboard effects loop with clean blend and optional thumpinator-type low-end frequency cut

* 1/4 inch [i]and[/i] XLR out with switchable speaker sim (punchy / deep option)

* Sounds good with guitars too

* Priced at £149.99, thank you very much. :lol:

[color=#ffffff].[/color]

Edited by skankdelvar

I think the whole point of what Wampler pedals represent is being missed by a few of the posters here. This is a great opportunity for us to actually give some constructive suggestions on a potential new product.

Fundamentally, as a couple of people have mentioned most of us would love to have our main tone intact then incorporate/dial the drive in as transparently as possible without losing low end response. For Wampler to do their magic, we need to give suggestions of the most popular 'amp' overdrives available and see if they can make a pedal that can give those characteristics.

My first examples of great amp overdrive tones that would 'rock' in a pedal form would be:
Mesa Bass 400+
Gallien Krueger
Ampeg (the VT could still be improved)
Pearce Preamps as not even Billy Sheehan has got an equivalent for those that he uses (with Compression built in would rock but not so important).

The biggest demand/neccesity on the forums for drive effects is for a clean blend. Take a look at the popularity of the Darkglass B3K to see how this function is working for a lot of people in a big way.

Other considerations that would be nice include:
A compact pedal size where possible.
Running on standard 9v or 18v for more headroom
Heavily tested to work with Active Basses as well as Passive****Very Important*** Not just designed around a P-Bass played by a guitarist only using picks! ;)

Hope this helps and Wampler decide to accept the challenge!

Cheers,

Andy

[quote name='AndyW' timestamp='1339350105' post='1687254']
[b]I think the whole point of what Wampler pedals represent is being missed by a few of the posters here[/b]. This is a great opportunity for us to actually give some constructive suggestions on a potential new product.

Fundamentally, as a couple of people have mentioned most of us would love to have our main tone intact then incorporate/dial the drive in as transparently as possible without losing low end response. For Wampler to do their magic, we need to give suggestions of the most popular 'amp' overdrives available and see if they can make a pedal that can give those characteristics.

My first examples of great amp overdrive tones that would 'rock' in a pedal form would be:
Mesa Bass 400+
Gallien Krueger
Ampeg (the VT could still be improved)
Pearce Preamps as not even Billy Sheehan has got an equivalent for those that he uses (with Compression built in would rock but not so important).

The biggest demand/neccesity on the forums for drive effects is for a clean blend. Take a look at the popularity of the Darkglass B3K to see how this function is working for a lot of people in a big way.

Other considerations that would be nice include:
A compact pedal size where possible.
Running on standard 9v or 18v for more headroom
Heavily tested to work with Active Basses as well as Passive****Very Important*** Not just designed around a P-Bass played by a guitarist only using picks! ;)

Hope this helps and Wampler decide to accept the challenge!

Cheers,

Andy
[/quote]

true.,.. i'm not familiar with Wampler pedals, or vintage amps, as such, and so, answered based on what i'd like to[b], create, rather than copy.[/b]

but 'what bassists want' does not necessarily mean vintage tones.

a variable crossover and, as you said, the ability to deal with both active and passive are the more important aspects to my mind.

Edited by phil.i.stein