Why become a member? ×

TRADED - 2008 Gibson Firebird V guitar in vintage sunburst - TRADED

[b][size=4]2008 [u]Gibson Firebird V[/u] guitar in vintage sunburst -[size=6] [u]£850[/u][/size][/size]- COLLECTION FROM BRIGHTON OR SOUTH-EAST MEET UP[/b]

I’d prefer a [u]straight cash sale[/u] or [u]maybe a trade for a lower priced Precision [i]or[/i] Jazz (perhaps a Squier) plus cash my way[/u]. The P or J would probably need to be white, black, or sunburst but try me because the worst you’ll get is a ‘no thanks’.

Posting, while not impossible, is probably unwise (given the nature of Gibson headstocks) so collection from Brighton or a meet in the environs of the M25 would be strongly preferred.

These are now [url="http://www.gak.co.uk/en/gibson-firebird-v-2010-vintage-sunburst/45434"]£1249 at GAK[/url].

This has serial number 015480310 which apparently means, for the curious, that this was product ten out of Nashville on 3rd June 2008.

The nitrocellulose finished Firebird has a mahogany body with mahogany/walnut through neck with cream neck binding. The fingerboard is rosewood with a 12" radius and the nut width is 1.695". It has banjo tuners. At present this classic blues-rock guitar is wearing Gibson Brite Wires (9-46).

The original Gibson black leatherette hard case with white plush interior is included in the sale.

The original Gibson strap pins have been replaced by Schaller strap locks (but the originals can be included if I ever find them).

The guitar has been through a few gigs and has a couple of minor dinks which are shown as best as possible in the pictures below:

In the plush white case -

... and out of it -

... the headstock where you can just see a tiny dink half way along on the left -

... and banjo tuners

... and the backside where you can see the worst dink, on the left near the rear access cover, and a scuff on the right on the edge of the belly cut -

... and the heart of the guitar -

... and more pics in the next post -

Edited by EssentialTension

• 2 weeks later...